1 person is interested
Fundraising Managers Wanted
ORGANIZATION: Simply Human Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Simply Human Project is seeking volunteer fundraising and event managers to assist us with our national rollout and funding campaign. This volunteer position offers a great opportunity to gain experience in
corporate fundraising, event coordination and homeless outreach.
You will use your strong interpersonal skills to call on corporate and individual donors to generate revenue during our annual and ongoing giving campaigns, develop relationships with supporters in your community to enhance brand and need awareness, offer support during national fundraisers, and provide outreach and donation distribution during locally held events. Additionally, you will be provided the opportunity to attend online training courses in various subjects relating to outreach and assistance.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who is capable of making cold-calls to corporate entities and individuals for the purpose of building a relationship through brand and need awareness, requesting donations for our cause, and maintaining the relationship for long term support. It is imparative that persons in these roles maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism while working with our donors and clients.
You should possess
- Sales or fundraising experience or the willingness to be trained in the fundamentals
- Excellent administative skills
- Solid understanding of and ability to use cloud based software & phone systems
- Ability to perform online research
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Desire to make an impact in our homeless communities
NOTE: You will need access to a laptop or desktop computer in order to fulfill this role.
What you will do:
- Perform outbound calls to prospective corporate and individual donors
- Educate prospects about the organization's mission
- Request funding and/or in-kind donations
- Maintain relationships with donors, sponors and prospects through follow up calls and emails
- Recruit volunteers in your area to assist with outreach
- Perform administrative duties such as database management, report & letter writing, and other tasks
- Work with home office to develop outreach events in your community
- Attend national corporate fundraising initiatives
- Develop a network of volunteers in your region to assist with organization activities
What you will gain:
- Experience working in a professional/corporate environment
- Knowledge in sales, business devlopment, and relationship management
- Verifible experience in the nonprofit human services sector
- Comradare and support from a team who are passionate about human kind and helping others
We are currently only accepting US Residents for this opportunity.
If this interests you send us a message!
More opportunities with Simply Human Project
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Simply Human Project
7720 NE HWY 99 STE D132, VANCOUVER, WA 95966, US
Simply Human Project is a homeless services NPO helping those experiencing economic disadvantage and homelessness a path to independence through a workable system of shelter, education, job opportunity and services.
Simply Human Project is a human services advocate agency providing support to unsheltered adults, families and unaccompanied children and teens. Our organization is working to empower disadvantaged persons through an Active Effort model where individual's are responsible for their own personal recovery from homelessness. Our services are encompassing and include education, training, job opportunities, housing and referral support services to provide all persons the ability to be fully self-sustaining. Our goals in 2022 and 2023 are to provide emergency and transitional housing to vulnerable children who are at risk of abuse and to launch various homeless to work programs giving those without hope the opportunity to acquire the skills needed to acquire living wage jobs.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 7, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Up to 20 hours per week