Several Fundraisers / Event Managers Needed
Simply Human Project is seeking volunteer fundraising and event managers to assist us with our national rollout and funding campaign. This volunteer position offers a great opportunity to gain experience in
corporate fundraising, event coordination and homeless outreach.
You will use your strong interpersonal skills to call on corporate and individual donors to generate revenue during our annual and ongoing giving campaigns, develop relationships with supporters in your community to enhance brand and need awareness, offer support during national fundraisers, and provide outreach and donation distribution during locally held events. Additionally, you will be provided the opportunity to attend online training courses in various subjects relating to outreach and assistance.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who is capable of making cold-calls to corporate entities and individuals for the purpose of building a relationship through brand and need awareness, requesting donations for our cause, and maintaining the relationship for long term support. It is imparative that persons in these roles maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism while working with our donors and clients.
You should possess
- Sales or fundraising experience or the willingness to be trained in the fundamentals
- Excellent administative skills
- Solid understanding of and ability to use cloud based software & phone systems
- Ability to perform online research
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Desire to make an impact in our homeless communities
NOTE: You will need access to a laptop or desktop computer in order to fulfill this role.
What you will do:
- Perform outbound calls to prospective corporate and individual donors
- Educate prospects about the organization's mission
- Request funding and/or in-kind donations
- Maintain relationships with donors, sponors and prospects through follow up calls and emails
- Recruit volunteers in your area to assist with outreach
- Perform administrative duties such as database management, report & letter writing, and other tasks
- Work with home office to develop outreach events in your community
- Attend national corporate fundraising initiatives
- Develop a network of volunteers in your region to assist with organization activities
What you will gain:
- Experience working in a professional/corporate environment
- Knowledge in sales, business devlopment, and relationship management
- Verifible experience in the nonprofit human services sector
- Comradare and support from a team who are passionate about human kind and helping others
We are currently only accepting US Residents for this opportunity.
If this interests you send us a message!
About Simply Human Project
7720 NE HWY 99 STE D132, VANCOUVER, WA 95966, US
Simply Human Project is a homeless services NPO helping those experiencing economic disadvantage and homelessness a path to independence through a workable system of shelter, education, job opportunity and services.
The organization was founded in 2016 under Virtual Neuroscience, a corporation with the intent of developing virtual trauma (PTSD) software; it was moved to a stand alone organization in 2017 after determining assistance was needed to assist a large percentage of the homeless population who are victims of trauma stemming from childhood and adult abuse, neglect or violence.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 11, 2021
- Event Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Up to 40 hours per week
- A state and federal background check is required of all volunteers. Any negative reports will be considered on an individual basis.