8 people are interested
Supply Transport Driver for Ronald McDonald House Charities
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Purpose: It takes many supplies to keep our Ronald McDonald Houses and Family Rooms running smoothly, and to meet the needs of the families we serve. Supply Transport Drivers directly impact our mission by driving items between our Houses, Family Rooms and partner hospitals, ensuring essential supplies are available when and where they are needed the most.
Locations: Supply Transport Driver volunteer shifts involve taking items to/from our House, Family Room and partner hospital locations, including (additional locations may be added as needs arise):
- Chicago and Southside:
- RMH near Lurie Children’s Hospital: 211 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
- RMFR in Lurie Children’s Hospital: 225 E. Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
- RMH in Northwestern Prentice: 250 E. Superior St., Chicago, IL 60611
- RMH near UChicago Comer Children’s Hospital: 5444 S. Drexel Ave., Chicago, IL 60615
- RMH near Advocate Children’s Hospital: 4410 W. 93 rd, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
- West Region:
- RMH near Loyola University Medical Center: 1 Airmail Rd., Hines, IL 60141
- RMH near Central DuPage Hospital: ON150 Winfield Rd., Winfield, IL 60190
- RMFR in Edward Hospital: 801 S. Washington St., Naperville, IL 60540
- Loyola University Medical Center: 2160 S. 1 st, Maywood, IL 60153
- Shriners Hospitals for Children: 2211 N Oak Park Ave, Chicago, IL 60707
- Elmhurst Hospital ER: 155 E. Brush Hill Rd Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Safely drive a personal vehicle along designated routes to transport supplies between Houses, Family Rooms and partner hospitals. Transportation includes picking up and dropping off a variety of items between all locations.
- Adhere to all traffic laws, safety procedures and transit regulations, as well as policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Handbook.
- Provide timely pick-ups and drop-offs of supplies, and proactively communicate with RMHC-CNI staff regarding delays or issues along the route.
- Communicate respectfully and professionally with RMHC-CNI staff, hospital staff and other volunteers.
- Must be between the ages of 25-70.
- Willingness to complete and pay for an annual Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), and must provide proof of a current driver’s license, vehicle insurance and clean driving record.
- Must own a personal vehicle suitable for transporting supplies.
- Comfortable independently driving a personal vehicle to various Chicagoland locations.
- Ability to drive defensively and safely in varied road and traffic conditions.
- Comfortable sitting and standing during each three-hour shift, and must be able to lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Volunteers must be dependable, trustworthy, friendly and flexible.
Training and Support:
- Volunteers must complete an orientation, background check, annual MVR and in-person training.
- Transportation Drivers report to the Volunteer Services team.
09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Shifts are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays (additional days/times may become available).
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
1301 W. 22nd St, Suite 905, Oak Brook, IL 60523, US
We exist so families can get better together.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI) is an independent, 501(c)(3) organization with the mission of existing so families can get better together. Every night, more than 150 families heal together because of the comfort, compassion and community they find at our five area Ronald McDonald Houses and three Ronald McDonald Family Rooms. That’s 44,000 nights each year when families are able to stay close to their children, helping them to heal faster and saving them more than $9 million in lodging and food costs. We are located near Advocate Children's Hospital, Loyola University Medical Center, University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Edward Hospital in Naperville and Central DuPage Hospital.
Multiple locations Chicago, IL 60611
September 12, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment and Scheduling: Volunteers must commit to two, three hours shifts per month for at least one year.
- Volunteers must complete an orientation, background check, annual MVR and in-person training. And, all volunteers must provide proof of a valid drivers license, vehicle insurance and a clean driving record.