Volunteer for #911-Help Strike Back After Disaster Strikes.
The Shelter Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and interacts with clients to ensure their needs are met. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter, which can include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information or other areas within a shelter.
(May vary depending on assignment.)
- May include providing support to one or more of the following areas within the shelter:
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (3.5 hours of training total)
Must be willing to deploy for up to 14 days.
To sign up copy and paste the link below:
About American Red Cross - Eastern New York Region
33 Everett Road, Albany, NY 12205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Your CommunityAlbany, NY 12202
September 3, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to deploy for a minimum of 14 days.
- -Willing and able to volunteer in person in a disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. -Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently.