We have a School Coordinator position open. It is part-time hours-12 hours per week. Work Days are Tuesday and Thursday every week and Reports to the Program Manager/Program Director.
Pay - $11.00 per hour
I am looking for someone that can fill the positions for the rest of the school year. (Ends in May 2022)
See Location below:
School - In-Person
Stripling Elementary, 6155 Atlantic Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30071
High Point Elementary, 520 Greenland Rd NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30342
Generally, coordinates all aspects of the Power Lunch program at a particular school, functioning as a team with the Program Manager and Everybody Wins! Atlanta Staff. Areas of responsibilities and some duties include, but are not limited to:
At the beginning of the school year:
- With the Program Manager, meet with the Principal or other appropriate school staff to go over details for implementing Power Lunch at school.
- With Program Manager, meet with school faculty to provide program orientation and solicit and collect names of recommended students
- With Program Manager, prepare to launch Power Lunch in person at the school:
Distribute and collect permission slips signed by students’ parents of names of participating students
On an ongoing basis:
- Maintain communication with direct supervisor (Program Manager) regarding all Power Lunch program operations.
- Promptly inform supervisor of all changes to Power Lunch schedule, relevant school calendar items (cancellations and upcoming events like graduation, awards ceremonies, field trips, etc.)
- Maintain communication with school staff, including, but not limited to, the Principal, administrative staff, and teachers.
- Maintain communication with all-volunteer Reading Mentors, providing any information affecting regular Power Lunch operations.
- Maintain the security of Everybody Wins! Atlanta materials such as the book cart, laptop, marketing material, and book giveaways.
- Maintain volunteer hours on CERVIS.
- Distribute and collect all appropriate materials for program operations, including, but not limited to, all administrative reports, student newsletters, and giveaways for students/volunteers.
- Execute any special projects such as the end of year photos.
- The program manager explores new programming and/or enrichment ideas for virtual Power Lunch at a particular school.
- Occasionally lift boxes upwards of 25 pounds.
Let me know if you are interested and when you have time to talk.
Thanks, and I look forward to speaking with you.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Everybody Wins! Atlanta
1100 Peachtree Street Suite 2800, Atlanta, GA 30309, US
Everybody Wins! Atlanta is a nonprofit children's literacy and mentoring organization devoted to promoting children's literacy and love of learning through shared reading experiences with caring mentors, targeting at-risk children in the community.
The Power Lunch reading program pairs working professionals with students who are failing in their reading skills for one-on-one read aloud sessions that take place each week at lunchtime at nearby public elementary schools. These sessions improve the reading skills, better the academic performance and enhance the self-esteem of program participants.
Multiple locations Atlanta, GA 30342
September 3, 2021
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The times are set according to school lunchtime.