Social Media Marketing - ASU Internship (paid)
Bridging AZ Furniture Bank is seeking a community minded individual for a half-time, 20 hour per week
Job Title: Social Media and Marketing Manager (other positions may be available)
Job Description: This position will create and manage marketing for our retail store Got Legs. Over 70% of the job will be and creating and marketing listings of items for sale - taking pictures, research and listing items in online platforms. Other responsibilities may include working with volunteers, creating content for newsletters, in-store sales, events and helping with donor/customer cultivation events.
Summary: Bridging AZ Furniture Bank is the largest furniture bank in Arizona. In the past 15 years Bridging AZ has distributed over 280,000 items to those in need. Bridging AZ Furniture Bank distributes furniture to families and veterans in need. Got Legs Furniture and Decor resale furniture store in Scottsdale helps fund Bridging’s
Essential duties/ Responsibilities:
- Work closely with staff and volunteers to create a positive image for Bridging AZ and Got Legs
- Take pictures, accurately describe items, write copy and list items for sale
- Positively represent Bridging AZ at events
- Manage social media
- Must be on location business hours, we are open Tuesday through Saturday
- Must have a background in social media and marketing
- Outgoing personality with ability to build and maintain relationships
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, dependable
- Positive attitude, team player, flexible
- Able to prioritize, support multiple projects, define problems, make decisions
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written, phone
- Self-motivated with basic computer skills
- To be paid student must enrolled at ASU and qualify for the FWS (Federal Work Study) program
- Pay $16.00 per hour
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Bridging AZ Furniture Bank
25 N. Extension, Mesa, AZ 85201, US
- Mission Statement: Empowering People and Bridging Lives Toward Self Sufficiency
- Vision Statement: A Community of Realized Potential and Personal Dignity
We are really excited about our Veterans Furniture Project please see our website and click Veterans Initiative for more info.
You can help a family that is ready to rebuild their lives. We supply furniture and household goods to qualified clients of social service agencies.
Each year, thousands of previously homeless individuals and families need to start over. These families usually lack the basic items that make a house a home: beds, linens, tables, chairs, eating utensils, and kitchen wares. Bridging AZ strives to provides these basic items, with the goal of helping people who have made the commitment to to rebuild their lives. The service we provide is designed to promote self-sufficiency and long-term stability.
8421 E. McDonald DriveScottsdale, AZ 85250
September 3, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Sales Marketing
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Retail / Sales
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- About 20 hours per week.