DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Executive Director (Volunteer)
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Executive Director (Volunteer)
Rank the Vote Ohio
[Position is listed in Columbus, but candidates from across Ohio are encouraged to apply]
Rank the Vote Ohio is a non-partisan, 501c3 grassroots organization founded by Ohio activists with a passion for Ranked-Choice Voting. We provide a solution for Ohioans who feel underrepresented, disenfranchised and/or feel like their voice isn’t heard when it comes to voting. We are building a movement for a simple upgrade to the way we vote that creates a larger, more diverse candidate field, and gives voters more voice and more power at the ballot box. It is our goal to engage Ohioans in a conversation about electing officials and legislators through a system that brings them together: Ranked Choice Voting.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate, and visionary volunteer Executive Director to lead our organization and prepare us for a statewide grassroots enactment campaign.
Capacity growth is our current objective. We need to meet with and educate thousands of organizations and prominent individuals to secure their endorsements and resources. We need to raise funds from major donors -- both institutions and individuals. We need to continue to aggressively build our grassroots supporter list and maintain the energy and engagement of our supporters. (Currently near 1200 members and over 180 volunteer signups.)
The Executive Director will drive the strategic plan and fundraising to move from grassroots capacity building to a ballot initiative enactment campaign. They will meet with potential funders, elected officials, grassroots top leaders, allied organizations, and others to bring in large donations and public endorsements. She/he/they will facilitate organizing meetings with volunteers, and manage the day-to-day logistics and volunteer base. Prior leadership and fundraising experience in a political non-profit or a statewide ballot question campaign is strongly preferred.
As we grow, the Executive Director will be responsible for hiring someone or personally continuing growth, solidifying our statewide organization, and managing a campaign office including field organizers, executive and administrative staff, volunteers, and interns. Prior experience with hiring and managing staff over a diverse geography is helpful.
The Executive Director will report to the RtVO Board of Directors and work in partnership with the Advisory Board and Executive Board (currently consisting of a Treasurer and Communications Director). The Executive Director is responsible for the overall success and growth of the Organization. Major responsibilities include:
- Developing and strengthening RtVO strategic plan, including identifying opportunities for growth and success in measurables, as well as managing challenges;
- Coordinate with teams within the organization to ensure that goals are in alignment with RtVO’s broader strategy, particularly close coordination with the fundraising, live outreach and volunteer onboarding teams.
- Oversee monthly reporting and budget deliverables.
- Provide high-level strategic advice to Executive Board and team leads on program development including long-term strategy and growth, targeting, electoral, legislative and ballot initiative opportunities;
- Oversee development of Ranked Choice Voting Ballot Committee Campaign Plan by working with the policy & Research Team and state-based partners in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of voter engagement and political programs;
- Raise and leverage relationships to support growth in endorsements;
- Help manage and provide strong leadership for the Organization, including effective supervision and development of all volunteer teams.
- Represent RtVO in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with allies and national partners;
- Passion, drive, vision, and proven leadership
- Prior campaign or non-profit executive experience
- Prior staff and volunteer management experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- The ability to take total ownership and initiative under tight deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and data management skills
- A high degree of comfort with public speaking and ambassadorship.
- Experience with legal entity incorporation (501c3 and ballot committee);
- A car to be able to attend statewide meetings and live outreach events;
- Prior experience with major gifts (min. 5 figures), with a documented history of securing contributions from foundations, corporations, individual donors, and additional sources, as well as working knowledge of industry best practices and compliance.
- Experience with building structures, buy-in, and accountability of volunteers, rather than the standard "phonebank, canvass" fodder machine
- Experience jumping in under a very tight deadline and "making it happen"
- General legal counsel experience is a plus
- Raise resources to support the departmental budget and grow staff;
- Coordinate with other departments within the organizations to ensure that team goals are in alignment with RtVO’s broader strategy, particularly close coordination with the fundraising, live outreach and volunteer onboarding teams.
- Has a strong political network and relationships with leaders within voter advocacy landscape in Ohio;
- Experience developing or managing the issue endorsement process;
- Familiarity with political data, modeling, latest technologies, and best practices in the field;
- Ability to work within a coalition of diverse organizations and partners;
- Experience working in diverse communities
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume, and references (references are not contacted until you have had a successful interview) to firstname.lastname@example.org and please let us know where you saw this post.
RtVO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status in accordance with all applicable laws. We don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of the above. We're committed to building a diverse leadership team. Women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.Email all materials to:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About RANK THE VOTE OHIO
1430 WYANDOTTE AVE, LAKEWOOD, OH 44107, US
Educate and inform of the benefits and implementation of Ranked Choice Voting for every election in the state of Ohio.
Rank The Vote Ohio provides a simple solution for Ohioans who feel their vote carries little weight because choices at the ballot box are typically ones that don’t represent them enough. As a result, campaigns continue to create deeper divides amongst the public. That’s why, instead of focusing on the politicians, we are focused on building a movement for a simple upgrade to the way we vote. In the end, Ohioans are engaged in a conversation about electing people through a system that brings them together: Ranked Choice Voting.
Multiple locations Columbus, OH 43215
September 2, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- 10-15 hours per week. Must be available for the following meetings: Team Leads (Mondays 8:00pm-9:00pm), Executive Team (Wednesdays 8:00pm-9:00pm), and RtVO Monthly Meeting (days and times vary, but the duration is 90 minutes).