2 people are interested
Create a Branch [start a subset of PeerLab nonprofit, outside of LI NY, leadership opportunity]
2 people are interested
High school students are needed to help tutor students in grades 3-12 in math, science, and social studies. Tutors do not need to have knowledge in all subjects and can match with a student depending on their needs. Our students meet on Google Meet/Zoom and tutors are expected to help the students understand coursework in a one-on-one setting. Tutors can volunteer for one-time or recurring sessions.
Starting a branch includes many responsibilities such as finding and managing qualified tutors in their branch, public relations efforts, and training tutors. In order to do such a wide range of tasks, PeerLab requires a team of 2-5 students. Please make sure that you are able to commit time to developing your branch.
There are many advantages of starting a branch of PeerLab:
- This is a great opportunity for leadership
- This is a chance to help your community
- Your names and photos will be placed on our site
- Resources to train tutors
- Public Relations efforts and more!
If you are interested please fill out this form https://peerlabtutoring.herokuapp.com/branch or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About PeerLab Tutoring
St James, St. James, NY 11780, US
Our goal is to provide quality education to students from honors and AP students to aid our peers through remote learning and beyond.
We offer free tutoring services to students (grades 3-12) who are struggling with the obstacles of remote learning to help them not only comprehend the material, but be able to retain it and utilize it in a classroom setting. Students provide the topic and subject that they need help in prior to the tutoring session, so that our tutors can prepare themselves accordingly. Sessions vary depending on the needs of the student and can be one-time or recurring Each tutoring session is usually a 40-minute session or less and is conducted through Zoom.
Our outreach programs include working with local schools across the U.S. and a Ghana Initiative, where we provide education to children with lesser opportunities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 2, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Students who create a branch will have to attract tutors and students through public relations and actively coordinate the tutoring process. Students interested in this opportunity will be expected to spend around 4-5 hours a week.
- Students will be required to have grades above an A- or any equivalent in most classes and be in active communication with the PeerLab Team. We are also looking for qualities of leadership, motivation, and passion.