Food Inventory with the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
Basic volunteer duties involved with this assignment:
- Organizing boxes of food that we receive from the local food bank on the appropriate shelving units
- Unloading box trucks of food
- Making delivery boxes that we purchase from U-Haul
- Marking and labeling the boxes with the family names
- Inputting inventory amounts into the tablet
- Storing fresh produce into the fridges as well as meat in the freezers
Sorting, restocking, organizational skills
Who will be served by this assignment?
Our families who are in need of food
What is the anticipated benefit of this volunteer service to those receiving the service?
Ease for our drivers to deliver food to families that are in need when the boxes are already made and marked
What specific skills will the volunteer need?
Standing for more than 10 minutes and possibly lifting up to 40 pounds
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
50 North Prospect StreetAkronAkron, OH 44304
July 25, 2023
- Youth Services
- Program Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55