Volunteer Community Outreach Board Member
Are you someone with a passion for community outreach?
Are you someone with a wealth of experience to offer?
Are you someone who wants to make a difference?
Then keep on reading!
Who are we?
We are Synergized Society Inc (SSI) is a non-profit organization that focuses on working with
communities by providing sustainable neighborhoods and educational resources to everyone who
needs it. We provide a range of services and programs including Residential Service and
Maintenance, Homeowner Rehabilitation, Neighborhood Revitalization and Community Outreach.
Our aim is to focus on empowering communities and helping to invigorate economic, social,
cultural, and civil independence. We aim to build better lives for communities and build a world
where everyone has a good place to live.
What will you be doing?
The Board Member will support the work of SSI and provide mission-based leadership and
strategic governance, with a particular focus on Community Outreach. While day-to-day operations
are led by SSI s leadership, the stakeholder relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate
involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
* Serving as a trusted advisor to the Board and Leadership as they develop and implement SSI s
* Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by SSI for evaluating its impact, and regularly
measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and
supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
* Approving SSI’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed
of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
* Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of leadership and the organization
* Assisting the board in identifying and recruiting other Board Members and any other staff
* Partnering with leadership and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried
* Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
* Representing SSI to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
* Ensuring SSI s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities SSI serves
* Leverage existing connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action and further
the organizations mission
* Know and align with the organizations mission, policies, programs, and requirements
Who are we looking for?
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about SSI s mission and
who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved
leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her
accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
* Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in
business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
* A commitment to and understanding of SSI’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
* Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading,
convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
* Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of SSI s
We are just getting started on executing on our mission and are working to fill our inaugural Board of Directors as well as gather potential organizational volunteers. This will be a working board, with the expectation that the members each head up a committee that best suits their skillset and interests. Please consider serving on our Board of Directors or volunteer for our advisory committee. Check us out at www.SynergizedSocietyinc.org
If this is something you’re interested in, and you have a passion for improving the lives of
communities and people then get in touch and we can discuss the next steps for joining the Board
of our organization.
About Synergized Society Inc
PO BOX 1494, RIVERVIEW, FL 33568, US
Synergized Society Inc. (SSI) is a non-profit organization that focuses on working with communities by providing sustainable neighborhoods and educational resources inclusive of all. We provide a range of services and programs including Residential Service and Maintenance, Homeowner Rehabilitation, and Community Outreach. Our goal is to focus on empowering communities and invigorate economic, social, cultural, and civil independence.
Synergized Society Inc. (SSI) Residential Service & Maintenance program is a subscription-based service that provides care and repair for your home. We cover breakdowns and help manage the logistics for many of your home service needs. We also help you prevent problems with our in-depth maintenance & service program. Partner with the best local servicer providers to deliver quick and effective home repair and maintenance at a predictable cost. Additionally, one of the many benefits of subscribing to our program is the Community Rewards system, this means when you refer our service to friends and neighbors you will earn rewards, which can be used toward any future additional service. The Homeowner Rehabilitation program serves low-to-moderate income homeowners, we ensure the home is healthy, safe, and energy-efficient. This program is intended to be utilized in various ways; in collaboration with other established non-profits who share the same mission and values. As well, through our collaborative partnerships as service providers, we leverage local municipalities' funding and financing options for those ineligible for funding assistance. Our Community Outreach Program exists to educate our community with financial literacy, life skills, and housing resources. Over time, Synergized Society Inc. will serve as an invaluable resource to local businesses and communities. Thus, Restoring Togetherness in a Global Community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 2, 2021
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- TBD - BASED ON AVAILIABILITY