2 people are interested
A Tutor/Mentor Opportunity - Math Classroom Coaching
2 people are interested
Interested in helping students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you! Help us help Austin ISD students increase their understanding of math and confidence in their math skills.
About the MCC Program:
- Volunteers work with a small group of 2 to 4 middle school students once a week for 45 minutes.
- You can choose the class time that works best for you, with options in the mornings or afternoons on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- You will receive training prior to your first session, and lessons with answers in advance each week.
- All volunteers must complete a background check.
- This fall, the MCC program will run from late September/early October through mid-December.
- The program will serving students at Covington, Dobie, and Martin Middle Schools.
To learn more and sign up, visit: https://austinpartners.org/get-involved/math-classroom-coaching/.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Currently, volunteer opportunities will be primarily in-person. However, virtual opportunities are likely to be taking place as well. We are working to confirm this with the district.
About Austin Partners In Education
3100 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78702, US
Our Mission: Improve student college and career readiness and expand STEM opportunities through community engagement.
Focusing on Austin ISD’s schools located in under-resourced communities and serving predominantly economically disadvantaged students, Austin Partners in Education delivers innovative, volunteer-driven academic and mentoring programs. APIE’s 1,550 volunteers work with students at pivotal junctures in their education, providing a vital extension of academic and social/emotional support to students. Through the flagship Classroom Coaching program, students benefit from small group (3:1 or below) instruction from volunteers drawn from more than 200 Austin area government agencies, businesses and community organizations.
APIE is currently implementing the following programs:
- Middle School Math Classroom Coaching: Volunteers in the classroom work weekly with students to build a strong foundation in middle school math, putting them on track to succeed in high school algebra.
- College Readiness: College Readiness Advocates provide tutoring and college access mentoring to prepare students for college-level coursework.
- Mentoring (all grades): Volunteers work one-on-one with students during the school day to help students improve their social and study skills, strengthen their communication skills, and build self-confidence.
3100 E 4th St.AustinAustin, TX 78702
September 2, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 45 minutes once a week during the school year
- This volunteer opportunity takes place during the school day. To see all available time slots, please visit our website (link above).