3 people are interested
Administrative Volunteers Needed!
ORGANIZATION: Kindred Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Hospice Volunteers Wanted!
If you are searching for a way to make a difference in the lives of others, you belong here. Hospice volunteers are a valuable part of our care team. Based on your interests and preferences, receive specific volunteer training to help improve the quality of life for others.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to;
- Patient visitors/Caregiver respite, light housekeeping, meal prep, playing music, games, watching a movie, etc.
- Vigil Volunteers, spending time with those actively dying, no one should die alone
- Pet Therapy (With approved pet)
- Administrative assistance
- Tuck-In phone calls to patient or caregiver to assess any needs to be reported to the nurse
We would also be very interested in hearing ideas from you that, from your experience, you believe would be a beneficial support to the patient and/or their families and caregivers.
There is no minimum number of hours required. Volunteer days/times are very flexible!
Please contact us with any questions you may have or if you are interested in a rewarding volunteer opportunity, sharing some of your time and your heart with those that need it most.
About Kindred Hospice
824 Stillwater Ave, Suite B, Bangor, ME 04401, US
At the center of hospice is the belief that each of us has the right to die pain free, with dignity, and that our families will receive the necessary support to allow us to do so. Hospice care can take place in a variety of settings. Our compassionate care provides the physical, emotional and spiritual resources needed to make the most of every moment, with the extraordinary service you expect. We understand your needs and goals, and support both in each step of your journey.
The benefit of hospice care is greatest when services are provided early enough within your loved one’s eligibility to:
* Maintain independence and take control of the illness or disease
* Complete important tasks
* Organize personal affairs
* Complete spiritual services
* Say goodbye to loved ones
Multiple locations Bangor, ME 04401
June 13, 2022
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training