Provide Care and Comfort - Become a Disaster Health Volunteer! - Boise
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
As a licensed healthcare professional, you know the importance of quality care. During times of disaster, affected families in emergency shelters need access to basic healthcare. This is only possible through volunteers like you! Online training is free and CE credit are available. Start now to bring quality care to those when they need it the most.
The Red Cross is preparing for another extremely busy disaster season. It’s critical to have a trained and ready volunteer workforce to make sure we can provide relief at a moment’s notice. Be ready to stand up when disaster strikes by training now as a Disaster Health Service Associate.
As a Red Cross Disaster Health Service Associate volunteer, you'll be part of a team assisting those recovering from disaster at emergency shelters:
- Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment, or consumable medical supplies.
- Availability to travel within region ( multiple local shifts working 4-12-hour shifts on consecutive days) -or- travel to surrounding states (minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days). Travel and lodging expenses are covered.
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (approximately 13 hours of training) within 30 days.
- 5.25 continuing education contact hours approved.
- Watch: Your talents in action at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLIk_Mn9chE&feature=youtu.be
It’s through the efforts of volunteers that we do extraordinary things! Start now to inspire hope and spread kindness through action! Complete your application now at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday or request m ore information by clicking the I want to Help button.
Email our team at IDMT.Recruiting@redcross.org
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Boise, ID 83701
March 7, 2023
- First Aid / CPR
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Complete 13 hours of training and be able to serve for 14 consecutive days. The experience will change you forever! Licensed required: RN, LPN, LVN, EMT, Paramedic, MD, DO, PA, NP, APRN