- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director of CMM
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Executive Assistant for
Cooperative Metropolitan Ministries (CMM)
CMM is an interfaith human service organization. Our mission is to mobilize congregations and communities across economic, religious, racial and ethnic boundaries, so that, in partnership, we can work more effectively for a just and peaceful society. We have a long history in Boston. We started what is now known as the Boston Food Bank. There are three areas of focus in the CMM portfolio:
- We provide home rehab assistance to high-need communities. For five years, CMM has taken applications to rehab homes in Boston and adjacent areas. Using volunteers from faith communities, universities, and youth leadership programs, we have successfully completed work on 15 homes in five years.
- We provide violence prevention through our initiative. Through our partnership with Forgiveness International , we bring this work to anglophone North America. The ESPERE materials have received a UNESCO prize and other international honors for their proven track record in reducing violence.
- CMM’s Ruah Interfaith Spirituality Programs offers opportunities for grounding and spirituality, listening to one another’s faith and value-based perspectives, as we come together to heal ourselves and the earth. We believe that these are essential for sustainable social justice work.
- Specific programs include: Conversational Circles, community potluck conversations, lectures, conferences, courses, concerts, film screenings, playback theater nights, publications ( see below ), rallies, press conferences, and partnerships, surrounding current social issues with emphasis on respecting different traditions as we respond to religious and racial intolerance as change agents.
This is a volunteer opportunity with flexible start dates beginning at the end of September for the fall semester or on-going.
This position is open to current students, recent graduates, and professionals. The assistant will be working for the Executive Director and this position is remote, applicants must be legal US residents and able to pass a background check.
Typical Tasks Include:
- Communicating with volunteer project/program managers with Zoom, and emails.
* Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and schedule meetings and interviews.
* Assisting the Executive Director in communications to partners and important persons.
* Assist with research on a wide range of issues i.e., housing, employment, youth, etc.)
* Organizing files, filling out forms, assembling binders for workshops and performing other related administrative tasks.
* Assist with writing, editing, and proofreading, internal and external documents related to grant writing, program initiatives, and other projects.
- Consistent access to high-speed internet and a laptop/computer
* Fluent in English or Native Fluency
* Responsible, reliable, and capable of working independently and at times with a team
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Must be in the U.S and able to work in EST time zone
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Google Apps, and Zoom, and Email.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Detailed and thorough notetaker.
* Currently an undergraduate student, graduate student, or recent graduate with a Bachelor's Degree, preferably studying in Project Management in theBuilding Trades, Environmental Science, Writing, Construction Field, and similar fields or have demonstrated experience in social justice advocacy, or activism.
* Passionate about social welfare causes and improving lives through community intervention.
We provide letters of recommendation and flexible volunteer hours. To apply, email your resume/CV, a LinkedIn URL, how many hours per week you’re willing to commit, and why you'd like to join CMM to email@example.com
About COOPERATIVE METROPOLITAN MINISTRIES
474 CENTRE ST, NEWTON, MA 02458, US
To mobilize congregations and communities across economic, religious, racial, and ethnic boundaries so that, in partnership, we can work more effectively for a just and peaceful society and for spiritual growth and interfaith understanding.
CMM was founded in 1966 by faith communities as an interfaith response to poverty, housing, and racial justice issues in Boston. CMM members and partner organizations include congregations and individual members spanning a wide spectrum of faith traditions, nonprofits, and educational entities in Greater Boston. We reach over 1,000 people yearly with our programs, some 3,800 subscribe to our enews, and we have an active social media presence.
1) Reducing the level of violence in our communities through the Values over Violence (VoV) program, which equips at-risk youth and adults with the skills of forgiveness and reconciliation to resolve differences when struck with the urge to retaliate.
2) Addressing affordable housing and housing quality issues in Greater Boston impoverished neighborhoods through CLAH, Clergy and Laity for Affordable Housing program. CLAH brings together urban and suburban volunteers to perform minor renovations in the homes of financially-stressed households, improving housing stability while providing a way for those from diverse demographic backgrounds to connect.
3) Bridging divides and training youth from different faith traditions for transformative leadership through CMM’s Interfaith Youth Initiative (IFYI), now in its 12th year. IFYI is a 7-day, overnight interfaith immersion experience for youth between the ages of 15-19 to engage in mutual learning and social action/service projects.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 1, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Program Management
- Market Research / Analysis
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours
- Other Qualities We Would Love to See: Working with project management software is a plus but not required. * With social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Patreon) * Social media management - Mailchimp, Hootsuite * Experi