- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Director of Administration
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
The Director of Administration has overall responsibility of maintaining the BHF Waitlist of Veterans and inviting those Veterans to fly with BHF on scheduled flights. This position works in conjunction with other Board members to complete job functions (i.e., Treasurer for guardian fees, Medical & Flight Directors for M&I and flight seat assignments, Inventory for clothing). Director of Administration will utilize and provide oversight to BHF volunteers to fill functions as Director sees fit to assure duties and responsibilities are efficiently completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Administration is responsible for the oversight of the following tasks to assure needs of
Veterans are met. Director will oversee the Flight Data Coordinator, Roster Managers, Standby List
Coordinator, M&I Forms Coordinator; Guardian Training Leadworker, Flight Seating Coordinator, Registration Coordinator, Honor Apps Manager. The Administration Director will fill teams/positions in this area of responsibility as needed from current volunteer base or by recruiting new volunteers.
Work with and provide oversight to Honor Apps Manager
- Provide and remove user access of Administration volunteers.
- Create missions & change status of completed missions
- Monitor the complete list of Veterans including those who have already flown, those who are scheduled to fly, and those on the Waitlist.
- Upon completion of flight; death of veteran; veteran flying with another hub, etc. assure Honor Application file of identified veteran and their guardian is moved to the archives of the database.
- Work with and provide oversight to Flight Data Coordinators, Roster Managers, Standby List Coordinator, and M&I Coordinator (appoint more leads as needed) to
- Identify veterans to fly in upcoming mission; create and manage flight roster
- Organize Veteran flight invitations by generating call files
- Training volunteers making calls to veterans and mailing packets.
- Assign and disburse files to approved/trained volunteer callers
- Update Honor Apps with updated information collected during calls
- Receive M&I forms to scan and save in SharePoint; enter in Honor Apps
- Work with and provide oversight of Guardian Training Leadworker to
- Create documents and get packets printed for training day
- Set up registration table and confirm volunteers are secured/trained
- Collect and organize guardian checklists
- Update Honor Apps with any changes made day of training.
- Update Honor Apps to verify those attending and collection/processing of any new forms received at training day.
- Work with and provide oversight of Flight Seating Coordinator to arrange Flight Seating Meeting
- Prepare list of veterans assigned to the mission & identify any needs/requests
- Create labels of all veterans, guardians, medical team, flight support staff
- Record seat assignments and bus colors.
- Assure follow-up calls are made by coordinator to confirm DC volunteer and Veteran have directly spoken to each other.
- Work with and provide oversight of Pre-Flight & Flight Day Registration
- Provide registration forms for check-in of veterans and their guardian
- Contact any veteran/guardian not checked by specified time after registration opens.
- Create badges for Veterans, Guardians, DC Volunteers, BHF Support, Info sheet for back of badge, flight manifest, map of airplane, roll call sheets for the bus captains, airport emergency contact list, photo labels/lists, registration packets, itinerary. Work with medical to assure medical forms are saved to flash drive.
- Oversee volunteers in the retrieval of mail from the PO Box to assure timely distribution to the appropriate individual.
- Oversee volunteer receiving applications via US Mail that information is scanned promptly and entered into Honor Apps database.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for relevant coverage areas.
Attend at least 75% of the monthly Board of Directors meeting, Flight Team meeting, and Volunteer meetings.
and provide a written monthly committee report in at least 3-days in advance of this meeting.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to lead a diverse team of
- Attention to detail volunteers
- Time Management
- Organized programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in a variety of computer
- Adobe Acrobat
- The incumbent will need to provide their own phone and internet access. For printing flight files and related documents, BHF provides a laptop (if needed), printers/ink, and paper.
- Position requires travel to/from events and meetings and BHF doesn’t reimburse for mileage.
- This position is a volunteer, unpaid position requiring a 3-year commitment; 2 years as an active Board Director of Administration and one year as emeritus in a support/advisory role. Performance is reviewed at annual meeting.
- Hours volunteering vary according to events and flight season.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BADGER HONOR FLIGHT
PO Box 258066, Madison, WI 53725, US
Badger Honor Flight is a regional affiliate of the National Honor Flight Network. The purpose of the Honor Flight Network is to ensure that World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War and terminally ill veterans from any war have the opportunity to see the memorials that have been erected in their honor. Badger Honor Flight provides all amenities to the veterans, including all transportation and meals on the day of the flight. Everything is free to the veterans because of how much they have sacrificed for this great country already.
Badger Honor Flight (BHF) is a regional hub of the Honor Flight Network (r).
Badger Honor Flight is a non-profit organization created solely to honor America’s veterans for all their sacrifices and to transport our heroes to Washington, D.C. to visit and reflect at their memorials. Top priority is given to the senior veterans - World War II survivors, along with those other veterans who may be terminally ill. There are currently 140 hubs in 45 states. BHF is currently accepting and flying World War II, Korean, and Vietnam War-era veterans. To date we have flown 39 flights from Madison, WI to Washington D.C., and just surpassed our 3000th Veteran. BHF is a 100% volunteer-staffed organization.
PO Box 258066Madison, WI 53725
August 31, 2021
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Varies greatly depending on number of flights and flight seasons. can be up to 20+ hours week during spring and fall flight seasons. Required monthly Board, Flight Team and Volunteer meetings.
- Ability to recruit, maintain and manage volunteers to assist in all the duties and responsibilities included in this position. Other requirements included in the description.