Enjoy Meeting New People? Become a Volunteer Greeter
Volunteer greeters enhance customer-relations by greeting and acknowledging visitors to the Senior Center.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Welcome patrons and direct them to their requested program or activity
- Give brief introductions and tours of the facility
- Serve as a host for special events
- Promote new activities, classes and upcoming events at the Senior Center
- Complete office work including making copies, filing, answering phones, and other light tasks
- Tidy and maintain lobby, lounge, and other public areas
- Demonstrate the use of the city websites including online registration
- Help staff set-up and clean up rooms for activities
- Recommended for high school and adult volunteers
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to take direction
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-lingual skills a plus
09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
pick 1 morning, Monday-Friday
12:30 PM to 04:00 PM
pick 1 afternoon, Monday-Friday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Dublin Senior Center
7600 AMADOR VALLEY BLVD, Dublin, CA 94568, US
The Dublin Senior Center is a warm and friendly place where local seniors can meet, make connections and stay engaged. We are looking for individuals with friendly personalities who enjoy helping others. Be a greeter, an office assistant, or share your expertise as a volunteer teacher or lecturer.
We offer a wide variety of activities for beginning to advanced students including daily exercise; arts and crafts; educational workshops; and leisurely day trips. Join classes for personal growth and lifelong learning. Some classes are ongoing and progressive, so you can learn at your own pace.
Patrons can also sit by a roaring fire in our cozy lounge and catch up with friends. There is also the option of grabbing a tasty lunch, playing a game or joining a line dance.
We are the place for seniors to create "rewarding friendships, intriguing activities and a lifestyle of possibilities." So the next time you are in the area, come in and check us out.
7600 AMADOR VALLEY BLVDDublin, CA 94568
August 31, 2021
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- 1 to 3.5-hour shift, Monday-Friday, once a week, minimum 6 months
- Volunteer Application and Waiver