WE NEED YOU!! Blood Advocate Community Volunteer Leader (CVL)-Make an Impact NOW!!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the Executive Director (or Regional Executive) with the primary goal of building capacity to deliver the local Red Cross mission. The CVL extends the reach of the Executive Director by serving as the face of Red Cross in a geographic location.
This may be accomplished through one or more of the following activities:
- Participating in local community events as an extension of the Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Building, regaining and/or enhancing the Red Cross presence in the local community by sharing information and bringing relationships and resources to the Red Cross.
- Cultivating and stewarding external relationships (elected officials, local service clubs, partners and other key stakeholders) that expand the Red Cross mission.
- Serving as an advocate, representing Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing needs for volunteers with social networks & circles of influence.
- Maintaining a general working knowledge of all Red Cross services and critical needs.
- In chapters where Red Cross collects blood, the CVL:
- Represents the Red Cross blood donation needs within a specific community.
- Shares the need for blood donations with social networks & circles of influence.
- Ensures blood drive sponsors are representative of the local community and fill specific needs identified by the region.
- Asks blood drive sponsors to meet blood drive objectives, increase the productivity of blood drives and help to recruit donors to blood drives
- Asks new sponsors to participate in the blood donation program to meet the strategic needs of the region.
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- Demonstrated interest in promoting Red Cross opportunities and mission (to include biomedical services in markets with blood).
- A natural 'connector’; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross
- Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations with a wide variety of people
- A creative self-starter who can successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Embraces diversity and inclusion and demonstrates understanding of the mission, vision, and seven fundamental principles
- Leads by example and demonstrates Red Cross values
- Ability to work in a variety of roles, including those of consultant, collaborator, and administrators
10 to 20 hours a month
Training: We provide all the training!
The Executive Director/Regional Executive in coordination with appropriate Red Cross staff will provide appropriate Red Cross training, resources, and internal connections.
Please email questions to John Steinberger, the Sr. Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, at John.Steinberger2@org or (760) 220-5361.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
July 27, 2023
- General Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 10 to 20 hours a month
- Minimum two years; renewable at three years