Research & Development
We are interested in having a small group of talented and creative writers to draft compelling, thoughtful material to help us achieve our mission and goals.
Specific Job Duties:
- Work/contribute to develop newsletters, grants, reports, and other materials suitable for publishing.
Researches will collaborate on a variety of topics, including:
- Research in detail the benefits of colostrum and breast milk.
- National policies, rules & regulations regarding breastfeeding, and infant nutritional guidelines.
- Research and report health facilities and hospital institutions data, regarding breastfeeding rates and other health statistics among BIPOC populations.
- Analyze Woman, Infant, and Children (WIC) general financial data, with focus on infant formula corporations that receive government subsidies through WIC
- Research annual report financial statements of infant formula companies: compare, analyze, and report financial data, with close attention to earnings from WIC subsidies and earnings from all other sources.
- Complete in-depth research and analysis of infant formula marketing strategies and consumer protections.
How to Apply?
- Fill out brief application on our website: www.colostrumcoalition.org/volunteer
- We will contact you to schedule a 15-minute virtual orientation
We highly value our volunteers at Colostrum Coalition and appreciate what it means to give your time and energy to make a positive impact for others... Thank you for time and expertise!
About COLOSTRUM COALITION
810 NW MARSHALL STREET, SUITE 300, PORTLAND, OR 97209, US
Colostrum Coalition has a strong mission to increase breastfeeding rates and eliminate racial/ social disparities in breastfeeding education and support. We focus on marginalized communities to improve exclusive breastfeeding or breast milk consumption rates among infants and working towards providing accessible breast milk banks in underserved communities.
We serve families from a grass-roots level through equitable access to breast milk for infants. We serve neonatal infants, adoptive and foster families, marginalized families, and LGBTQ families to provide breastfeeding support and resources that are unbiased and represent diversity.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 3, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research
- Technical Writing
- Must be at least 18
- 4 to 6 hours week