We need you! Communications/ Public Affairs Onboarding Lead Needed! Help remotely or virtually!
Do you want to give back and work with others virtually and remotely? Help out SoCal Region!
Purpose: The Onboarding Lead is to ensure that all new volunteers establish a positive relationship with the department and their Volunteer Supervisor. The Onboarding Lead ensures that Volunteer Supervisors understand the four essentials of onboarding and their responsibilities in the onboarding process. The Onboarding Lead ensures that the onboarding steps are being completed for every volunteer.
The Onboarding Lead does not provide onboarding directly to new volunteers but instead ensures that department Volunteer Supervisors are equipped and prepared to provide onboarding to the volunteers they supervise.
The onboarding process welcomes the volunteers to the department, introduces the volunteer to how the department supports the Red Cross mission, ensures the volunteers understand the scope and duties of their position, and has the resources to be set up for success.
- Provide oversight to onboarding tasks ensuring all new department volunteers are welcomed, introduced to their volunteer supervisor, and provided department and position onboarding.
- Ensure Volunteer Supervisors understand the four essentials of onboarding and their responsibilities in the onboarding process.
- Train department volunteer supervisors on how to utilize onboarding tools and checklists.
- Provide coaching to volunteer supervisors on how to effectively onboard a volunteer.
- Work with volunteer supervisors to ensure that volunteer positions have onboarding and training plans prior to volunteers' start date.
- Ensure Department has a ready-to-go Department Overview session that provides a basic overview of how the department supports the Red Cross mission; how the work of the volunteer supports the Red Cross mission; department structure and priorities; appropriate systems, policies, procedures; department culture (e.g., department meeting schedule and informal/formal events) and how to update their profile and submit hours in Volunteer Connection.
- Work with volunteer supervisors to ensure that onboarding task completion is tracked in Volunteer Connection [Note: Tracking enhancement in development].
- Run onboarding report regularly and share with volunteer supervisors who have outstanding tasks to be completed [Note: Report in development].
- Actively participate in the [Department] Engagement Team.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Supervisors to ensure volunteer satisfaction with the onboarding process.
- Participate in the annual Volunteer Workforce Planning Process.
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs, required
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences, required
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service preferred
- Work well both individually and with others, required
- Experience in interviewing and onboarding employees or volunteers, required
- Experience in providing orientation or introductory training, required
- Supervisory or management experience, required
- Relationship building skills, required
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff/volunteer partners as well as board members, and senior management, required
- Understanding of the value of volunteer service and the ability to provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers have a rewarding experience, required
Training: Orientation to the American Red Cross
- PMDP Volunteer Supervisor Courses: (required)
- Effective Onboarding and Training
- Volunteer Connection Basics: Profiles, Hours Manager and GroupShare
- Engaging Remote Volunteers
- PMDP Volunteer Supervisor Courses: (recommended)
- Leading and Empowering Volunteers
- Effective Volunteer Feedback and Feedforward
- Setting Expectations and Developing Work Plans
- Conducting and Documenting Performance Reviews
- Volunteer Recognition
- Department-specific training as needed
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Christopher Fielder at Christopher.Fielder@redcross.org or (951) 264-7730.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
August 31, 2021
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week, working remotely or on-site.
- One-year appointment, renewable annually based on satisfactory performance in the position.