Are you interested in working in a truly unique community environment where personal inner inquiry, cooperation, and spiritual values are supported? If yes, then this may be a great match for you. This work is challenging but rewarding; individuals who are responsible and dedicated to hard work and personal development will thrive.
This is an opportunity to work for Dharma College, based in Berkeley (California). This position is virtual. We are looking for candidates who share our commitment to personal transformation, bringing wisdom teachings into the secular space. Part of our work includes supporting the right livelihood through a coworking space.
The Marketing Strategist works very closely with the Executive Director. We prefer candidates with an interest in Buddhism and integrating spiritual values into work and daily life. This position will include complimentary access to Dharma College’s transformative curriculum and classes. The position requires a commitment of twenty hours per week.
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop and implement Dharma College’s online and offline marketing strategies to increase its enrollment and retention of students as well as coworking members.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase and expand an online wisdom community.
- Expand Dharma College’s base of students by marketing classes to new audiences in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Assistance in strategizing and implementing fundraising campaigns that align with Dharma College’s vision and mission.
Background Useful for this position:
- Experience developing and implementing successful online marketing strategies
- Strong writing and copywriting skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) to create documents, brochures, layouts, chanting books etc.
- Strong skills in social media, online marketing, and blogging
- Fundraising skills-able to write letters and seek grants.
- Experience creating video clips to share on social media and with conventional media outlets.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively. Strong follow-through skills. Prove ability to see projects through to completion.
About Dharma College
2222 Harold Way, BERKELEY, CA 94704, US
At Dharma College, our mission is to translate ancient wisdom into everyday life. Using whatever circumstances we encounter as an opportunity for growth, we begin to manifest the extraordinary potential of being. These uncertain times provide perfect conditions to discover what is holding us back from ever-available freedom. As we come to understand mind and self more deeply, we can open awareness, engage more closely with experience, and find a rich source for inner development. This mission governs all of our work here at the College. As both a place for learning and a community of those who share similar interests, Dharma College is creating a vibrant environment, a place for work, and serious inner and outer study. Inviting wisdom into our lives depends on our taking the first step when the right conditions arise. We open our gates to you with the wish that we may take this journey together.
Ancient Roots - Modern Conditions
Founded by Venerable Tarthang Tulku, one of the first traditionally trained Tibetan Buddhist masters to settle in America, Dharma College is neither
a typical American college nor a traditional Dharma Center. Situated at the crossroads of Eastern spirituality and Western intellectual pursuits, our program blends aspects of psychology, philosophy, spirituality and science, with a focus on practical application in everyday life.
The format of our classes is interactive and discussion-based. Awareness practices along with contemplations bring balance to the open dialogue, study, and conceptual inquiry we engage in. Without being subject to dogma or proselytizing, without long hours of meditation or religious rituals, students develop a deeper understanding of mind, reality, and self and can effectively transform their way of being. Dharma College is here to serve everyone who is interested in pursuing inner knowledge and living a more meaningful life.
To find more information about our work, you may download: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/65827138/dharma-college-brochure
BerkeleyHarold WayBerkeleyBerkeley, CA 94704
September 22, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 28
- 20-30 hours a week