NHQ:CFO Units RES/FIN/IT - Workforce Planning Learning and Training Ideation Facilitator
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Chief Financial Office (CFO) Units (Finance, IT, Real Estate Services). This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The scope of this position encompasses activities including facilitating virtual brainstorming and/or action planning workshop sessions. In addition, providing other advisory services for Red Cross managers, employees and volunteers in support of the Workforce Planning mission of expanding the engagement of volunteers in professional and managerial positions. This could include conducting 1 on 1 interviews or, secondarily, focus groups. This role will work with the Learning and Training Advisor/Facilitator team and managers and subject matter experts in business groups throughout Red Cross to create and facilitate virtual ideation, brainstorming, and action planning experiences and generate collaboration among teams where applicable utilizing presentation tools such as MS PowerPoint and MS Teams. Take a minute to watch a video and learn more about how you could be doing the same great work as a corporate services volunteer!
- Deliver and/or facilitate workshops to both Red Cross volunteers and employees.
- Provide recommendations and feedback on project and workshop scope and material content to the appropriate training development team.
- Be a consistent champion of Red Cross values and missions.
- Participate in virtual workshop-delivery team meetings.
- Prepare and facilitate ideation, brainstorming and/or action planning workshops with volunteers, paid staff or advisory boards.
- The focus will be on volunteer engagement, organizational change, workforce planning, among other topics.
- Collaborate with SMEs (subject matter experts) in a virtual environment to create required workshop content that is concise, interesting, practical, and consistent with adult learning, collaboration, and/or creativity theory.
- Translate complex subject matter into easy-to-understand, and engaging language.
- Translate business information and concepts into visually appealing, dynamic, and impactful workshop content.
- Work effectively within a governance structure Evaluate potential solutions from external resources and content providers
- Assess impact / effectiveness of virtual workshop approach.
- Provide status on workshop assignments
- Minimum of two years’ of experience in an ideation/facilitation role delivering an experience in an engaging and collaborative manner.
- Minimum of two years’ experience facilitating or moderating workshop sessions.
- Experience working with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience writing, editing, and developing content and group exercises using instructional or creativity design skills, including the use of PowerPoint and other Microsoft tools such as MS Teams (required) or another ideation platform that promotes collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deliver subject material in a method conducive to learning Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web-based programs, such as a WebEx, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams or Go To meetings.
- Resume required.
- Working knowledge of brainstorming techniques (preferred).
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2021
- IT Management
- Business Development
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- IT Consulting
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week and must be available at least one day Monday – Friday during regular business hours (9am-5pm Eastern) for team meetings and/or other facilitation activities