Marketing and Social Media Intern/Volunteer
The role of Marketing and Social Media Intern will be to assist the organization in promoting the organization and our work, programs, activities, volunteering opportunities, and other events or activities aimed at connecting the community with the organization. The Intern will assist in coordinating Thrive(LAM)'s social media activity across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and possibly Twitter.
This role is very much about communicating externally and building relationships with potential and current clients, supporters and donors, and ministry partners of the organization. The Marketing and Social Media Intern will be working alongside the founder or CEO of the organization, as well as the Chief Administrative Officer and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Has some experience of marketing and social media either through education, work, or volunteering
- Familiar with using social media and other online tools (ex. Canva, Photoshop, etc) to create posts and content for social media to generate interest in the organization and its projects.
- Excellent at verbal and written communication
- Has an interest in mental health concerns and life coaching
- Has strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to represent the organization
- The Role
- Creating content for the organization's social media presence with a particular focus on mental health and life coaching.
- Keeping all social media platforms updated on a daily/weekly basis
- Encourage others to comment on posts and share them with others
- Assist in increasing the number of people following posts on all forms of social media and on our website.
- Promoting activities and events to the members of the local community
- Building awareness of the organization's work locally, through relevant networks
- Assisting with writing blogs and newsletters each month for the organization's website and email list
- Reaching out to and creating relationships with churches and organizations to create ministry partners to create financial support
- Brochure and flyer distribution and creation
- PR Writing press releases about specific projects with a view to obtaining media coverage; responding to any resulting media interest, and working with other committee members to obtain the necessary information, photographs and interviews if required.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About THRIVE LIFE ADVANCEMENT MINISTRIES INC
PO Box 1053, Jonesborough, TN 37659, US
We believe that each person is "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14). We also believe in the potential of each person to grow and make changes. We understand that it can be difficult to accomplish growth and change in a fallen world. Thrive Life Advancement Ministries exist to assess, coach, mentor, and counsel specific domains in the lives of our clients to maximize the potential of each individual.
Thrive Life Advancement Ministries (LAM) is a Christian Ministry that utilizes counseling and life coaching techniques from a Biblical worldview to help others. Thrive (LAM) is dedicated to enabling the growth of others in all areas of life and faith. Our coaches and counselors use evidence-based techniques within the context of a Biblical worldview to help clients THRIVE!
Multiple locations Jonesborough, TN 37659
August 30, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum time commitment 4 months
- Knowledge of marketing and social media platforms, ability to make weekly posts on all social media platforms, ability to attend team meetings on a monthly basis, meetings with CEO and CAO, ability to network with organizations