DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
NHQ:CFO Units RES/FIN/IT - LEAD Finance Mentor
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The LEAD Professional Development Program is designed to provide select mid-level Red Cross staff members broad organizational familiarity and decision-making training across multiple areas of operations within the Red Cross. LEAD program participants attend periodic workshops where assigned coursework and case studies are reviewed. A portion of this LEAD training is focused on the area of finance. The Mentorship in Finance initiative seeks to match Red Cross volunteers that have professional and/or educational backgrounds in finance to individual LEAD participants that express interest in supplementing the LEAD coursework in finance. The mentorship offers LEAD participants an opportunity for direct, one on one discussion with mentors on finance terminology, concepts and practical uses in areas such as accounting, budgeting, cost allocation and financial controls. The focus will be on finance in general and not specific to the American Red Cross. Each mentorship in finance will be individually tailored to the particular educational need of the LEAD participant as agreed between the mentor and LEAD participant. This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) CFO Workforce Planning department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity and can be performed from any location with phone, computer and internet access.Responsibilities:
- Establish a supportive, non-judgmental bond with the LEAD participant which encourages open dialog about the level of finance understanding and realistic goals of the finance mentoring.
- The pace and extent of finance mentoring will be determined by the need and enthusiasm of the individual being mentored.
- Test then reinforce the LEAD participant’s core understanding of accounting and finance terminology consistent with the participant’s current and intermediate needs.
- Guide the LEAD participant’s understanding and comfort with finance as an organizational reporting, control and decision-making tool.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration (preferably a finance or accounting major) with at least 10 years of professional experience in finance or a directly related field required.
- Formal or informal mentoring/coaching/team building experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to appropriately tailor engaging and motivating finance-related learning plans will be required.
- Ability to commit to 4-6 mentoring hours per month for a minimum of six months.
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools: MS Teams, SharePoint, WebEx, Go-To meetings etc.
- This is a virtual position and can be performed from any location with the phone, computer, and internet access.
- Resume required.
6 months, renewable as mutually agreed up to 2 years.
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- Financial Service Assistance
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 Hours Per Month Flexible scheduling - 8-5 M-F but may include evenings and/or weekends as mutually agreed with LEAD participant.