Share your job seeking skills
Do you have skills writing resumes or advising job seekers with their job search? Multnomah County Library is looking for volunteers to provide resume coaching and feedback for job seekers online via Zoom.
Time commitment: Two hours per week for a minimum of six months; the day and time of your 2-hour shift will be determined with your schedule and mutually convenient to the library's needs. You will assist up to 4 patrons per week during your 2-hour shift.
- Get to know fellow community members and collaborate with them on their job search needs
- Share your unique skills and experiences to help the library provide this important service
- Work with the support of experienced library staff members
- Receive heartfelt thanks from patrons and library staff
- Be a part of Multnomah County Library’s mission: Empowering our community to learn and create
Tasks & responsibilities
- Review resumes prior to meeting with patrons
- Set up Zoom meetings with each patron for their pre-scheduled appointment time
- Provide feedback via virtual meetings with patrons
Must-have skills & qualifications
- Have a professional background or skills around resume writing, HR, job searching
- Ability to pass a criminal record check (paid for by the library)
- At least 18 years or older
- Be able to provide professional, friendly, customer service oriented help to patrons
- Use discretion and uphold patron confidentiality and privacy
- Have a device with a camera that can be used to conduct Zoom meetings
- Have a Zoom account or create one for this purpose
Preferred skills & qualifications
- Spanish speaking volunteers are greatly encouraged to apply
- Be familiar with creating, scheduling and starting a Zoom meeting (library staff will provide training if needed)
- Volunteers will meet 1:1 with library staff for orientation and may be asked to do a short online training
About Multnomah County Library
Volunteer Services, 205 NE Russell Street, Portland, OR 97212, US
Empowering our community to learn and create
Multnomah County Library is the oldest public library west of the Mississippi River, with a history that reaches back to 1864. As Oregon's largest public library, Multnomah County Library serves nearly one-fifth of the state's population with a wide variety of programs and services.
The mission of the volunteer program is to engage community members in enhancing the services that Multnomah County Library is able to provide online, at library locations, and in the community. Volunteers are engaged throughout the organization including at all of our 19 libraries and our outreach programs.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2021
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week