18 people are interested
FRESHFARM's Annual Fall Festival
18 people are interested
FRESHFARM is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to support our staff in managing our annual Fall Festival on September 25 & 26. FRESHFARM is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to supporting sustainable agriculture and access to healthy locally grown food by hosting farmers markets across the DMV. Each year we partner with Eden’s to host a Fall Festival full of fun and educational activities for the whole community. There will be a pumpkin patch, cooking demonstrations, moon bounce, petting zoo, crafts, and much more! Volunteers will support our staff throughout the day primarily in supporting the activities, and answering questions for attendees.
- Sat Sep 25, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Sat Sep 25, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sat Sep 25, 2021 - 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- Sat Sep 25, 2021 - 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Sat Sep 25, 2021 - 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- Sun Sep 26, 2021 - 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Sun Sep 26, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Sun Sep 26, 2021 - 01:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- Sun Sep 26, 2021 - 03:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- Sun Sep 26, 2021 - 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FRESHFARM Markets
655 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001, US
FRESHFARM is a nonprofit that promotes sustainable agriculture and improves food access, education, and equity in the Mid-Atlantic region. We operate producer-only farmers markets that provide vital economic opportunities to local farmers and food producers, pioneering food distribution programs that increase food access for low-income neighborhoods, and innovative food education programs that build healthier communities.
Our founders Bernadine Prince and Ann Harvey Yonkers launched FRESHFARM as a public education program of the American Farmland Trust in 1996. The next year, on July 4, 1997, they opened the Dupont Circle farmers market in Washington, DC with 15 farmers from four states selling fruits, vegetables, flowers, and plants.
In 2019 Hugo Mogollon joined FRESHFARM as executive director. As part of Hugo’s new leadership of the organization, FRESHFARM merged with Community Foodworks, a peer organization which Hugo had led for 5 years, to become the largest farmers market organization in the Mid-Atlantic. Through this merger, FRESHFARM’s capacity has expanded significantly, and we aim to increase access for our community to fresh, local foods, expand food education, and transform our regional food system.
Mosaic District AvenueFairfax, VA 22031
August 30, 2021
- Child Care
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Child Development
- Please wear a mask, dress according to the weather, bring sunscreen if needed, bring snacks or extra cash to purchase food onsight, and a water bottle.