Foster a kitten/cat!
We ask for a minimum 6-8 week commitment. Cats can take a few weeks to adjust to a new home and we want them to have plenty of time to get used to their foster parent and home before they have to move.
While you are fostering, the more photos and videos you can send us the better. A detailed bio with fun facts or cute anecdotes will draw a lot of attention to your foster. We have hundreds of cats on our website and need your foster cat’s profile to stand out.
We send kittens to foster in pairs. We don’t often take in single kittens and we don’t split up litters. Kittens are happiest with a friend or sibling since they learn from each other and have someone to grow up with!
Our cats are strictly indoor only - no balconies, patios, leashes, etc. Cats are safest and healthiest inside.
You can check out the kitties that are available for fostering or adoption on the Trello Board.
All of our cats and kittens that need a foster home can be viewed on our Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/HMQs1kEX
Once you find a cat or kittens you want to foster, please contact SafeAtHome@StrayCatAlliance.org
for next steps
Please make sure to fill out our foster application, if you haven't already done so: https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/foster/SCAL/Cat
About Stray Cat Alliance
PO BOX 661277, Los Angeles, CA 90066, US
Stray Cat Alliance educates and empowers communities to advocate for every cat’s right to be safe, healthy, and valued.
Every day, our team works to save the helpless lives of kittens and cats by providing: spay/neuter, trap-neuter-return (TNR), adoptions, wellness care, medical care, and community shelter support.
Our goals are to:
- Eradicate cruelty toward cats through advocacy, rescue, and education.
- Find loving forever homes for cats and kittens taken in through all of our programs.
- Help shelters transform themselves from executioners to safe havens for cats by implementing SCA’s life-saving policies and procedures.
- Educate the community about the plight of free‐roaming cats and empower people to take action to stop population growth through spay and neuter.
- Create and sustain a No-Kill Nation by mentoring other communities to become no kill through our grassroots programs.
Stray Cat Alliance envisions a time when all cats are valued and safe whether in homes or communities, and when shelters serve as temporary safe havens.
3612 11th AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90018
September 21, 2021
- Customer Service
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At your own home.