7 people are interested
Social Media Coordinator
7 people are interested
As Social Media Coordinator, you will collaborate with HRC’s teams to implement our social media strategy and foster our online community. You will help develop and support our community of practice on the ground, and bridge the gap between international human rights institutions and grassroots movements. The Coordinator will also increase awareness about HRC and our resource library through social media and other networks.
The ideal applicant will possess a strong knowledge of social media monitoring tools and stays current with platform trends and shifting algorithms.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Digital Community Manager to implement HRC’s social media strategy and increase our online impact.
- Building user engagement with HRC’s resource library and action guides.
- Contribute to designing information campaigns in collaboration with HRC’s teams.
- Develop and manage HRC’s network of international social media correspondents.
- Attend relevant events to livetweet for our Twitter followers.
- Participate in HRC’s ongoing all-hands and team meetings.
- Provide other assistance to support HRC’s mission and activities, as needed.
- Strong academic or professional interest in human rights and/or nonviolent action
- Experience in grassroots organizing and activism, both online and offline
- Experience with social media communication
- Excellent written communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Buffer, and MailChimp
- Ability to work remotely and online in a networked organization
- English proficiency required, additional language ability preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please complete this application form . Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
HRC’s commitment to diversity and inclusion starts with the perspectives and experiences of our team. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented communities to apply.
About HUMAN RIGHTS CONNECTED
3 Washington Circle, WASHINGTON, DC 20047, US
Human Rights Connected (HRC) empowers civil society in protecting and preserving human rights through legal institutions or community organizing.
We help human rights defenders access the human rights legal framework through knowledge and resource-sharing. Through technical support, trainings, the curation of practical resources, and other creative projects, we promote understanding of the legal framework and strategic nonviolent action.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 29, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 3-5 hours per week