4 people are interested
BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTING BOARD POSITION
4 people are interested
House Of Roses N The Dark is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation founded in New York in October 2020. We are expanding as an organization that provides art therapy in a multitude of art mediums and counseling approaches. Our goal is to bridge the gap between art and mental wellness within the communities.
Currently, we are in need of a Treasurer to oversee the financial activities of HORNTD. S/he ensures that all financial matters are managed in an appropriate and timely manner and regularly reports the financial conditions to the Board of Directors. We are looking for a motivated individual who is well versed in tax and nonprofit accounting. The treasurer must have the ability to prepare, budget, and support philanthropic finances for our organization.
*Please note this is an unpaid volunteer position*
- Set up and operate Quickbooks and financials in compliance to GAAP
- Performing fund accounting duties for nonprofit organizations
- Ensuring funding requests are reviewed and processed appropriately
- Tracking, monitoring, and analyzing fiscally sponsored project’s monthly expenditures
- Perform a variety of accounting tasks involving bookkeeping and/or compiling financial information.
- Collaborate with board members on fundraising planning, budgeting, and revenue management.
- An acute attention to detail along with strong mathematical skills
- Logical thinking to analyze and solve problems
- Extensive experience working with QuickBooks Online
- Experience in project management
- Strong software skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google documents systems
- Knowledge of CRM systems such as Dropbox and similar cloud-based filing systems
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio platforms, or a link to your website to Latoya Bey, Director, at email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About House Of Roses N The Dark
1827 Schenectady Avenue,, First Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11234, US
House Of Roses N The Dark Inc. is a nonprofit corporation that aims to provide rehabilitation resources to individuals affected by trauma and wrestling with mental health challenges through artistic and psychotherapy interventions. Our primary objective is to support mental health communities, by providing diverse programs by utilizing outside sources within the arts.
Our programs are structured to promote the arts and propel mental wellness. By infusing the two we gear to help individuals to analyze, understand, or learn through their art. By intertwining artistic development, and art therapies, we are able to address developmental concerns that have negatively affected individuals long-term. We strive to uplift and encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to aspire to achieve their goals by helping them acknowledge their self-worth and empowering them with the proper skills to be successful. This approach opens the door to heal through artistic outlets which can exceed traditional limitations.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 28, 2021
- Reporting & Dashboards
- People 55+
- Background Check
- 5- 8 hours per week