8 people are interested
Copy Editor and Proofreader
8 people are interested
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing, all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community. We do not have a physical location but instead have a network of volunteers in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
A good candidate will possess/be:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- Superb communications skills
- Experience as a copy editor, proofreader, journalist, communicator highly desired, not required
- Word, Google Docs, Dropbox
- Collecting articles from animal coordinators about adoptions, fosters, animal updates, alerts, new team members introductions, special fundraisers and appeals, etc.
- Reviewing the language, grammar, structure and readability of said documents
- Editing errors in grammar, structure.
- Updating database of donors, supporters, board members, volunteers on Dropbox as requested by the communication lead
About Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
N/A, Frederick, MD 21702, US
The mission of Small Angels Rescue Inc. is to rescue rehabilitate and rehome gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats. These animals are worthy of respectful and compassionate treatment. We advocate and facilitate responsible animal care and companionship.
Small Angels Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, no-kill, all-volunteer organization based in Frederick, MD. Small Angels works with animal shelters and adopters throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan region and in neighboring states such as Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Small Angels works primarily with kill or open admission shelters where the animals could be euthanized. We use a network of foster homes to care for the animals until they find their adoptive homes. Small Angels has no paid staff or physical shelter; we are all volunteers who dedicate our time to answering adoption inquiries, assisting adopters, arranging transportation from shelters, working with foster families, caring for foster animals, arranging vet care, educating the public, and running the organization all from our homes.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2021
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Background Check
- 2 - 3 hours per week