2 people are interested
Social Media Specialist
2 people are interested
Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing, all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community. We do not have a physical location but instead have a network of volunteers in the Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
A good candidate will possess/be
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great grasp of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram required, Pinterest desired
- Personal experience with Facebook and Instagram content sharing okay but would prefer professional experience
- Ability to communicate, pitch ideas, plan and execute social media strategy with the guidance of communications team lead
- 2 -3 hours commitment per week
- Plus: knows how a social media calendar works. Knowledge of Hootsuite
- Open to receive training on new platforms periodically, with an initial 2 hours training session
- Knowledge of how Stories and Reels feature works is a plus
- Management and monitoring of Facebook and Instagram accounts for the rescue: posting text and visuals, removing inappropriate comments, answering questions, fielding questions to the appropriate party within the rescue
- Supporting Facebook Live Events along with Event Coordinator and Communication team lead
- Improve the use of stories, reels, on Facebook and Instagram - pitching creative ideas highly desired
About Small Angels Rescue, Inc.
N/A, Frederick, MD 21702, US
The mission of Small Angels Rescue Inc. is to rescue rehabilitate and rehome gerbils, guinea pigs, hamsters, mice and rats. These animals are worthy of respectful and compassionate treatment. We advocate and facilitate responsible animal care and companionship.
Small Angels Rescue is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, no-kill, all-volunteer organization based in Frederick, MD. Small Angels works with animal shelters and adopters throughout the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan region and in neighboring states such as Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia. Small Angels works primarily with kill or open admission shelters where the animals could be euthanized. We use a network of foster homes to care for the animals until they find their adoptive homes. Small Angels has no paid staff or physical shelter; we are all volunteers who dedicate our time to answering adoption inquiries, assisting adopters, arranging transportation from shelters, working with foster families, caring for foster animals, arranging vet care, educating the public, and running the organization all from our homes.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2021
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- 2 - 3 hours per week