2 people are interested
2 people are interested
Social Purpose Works is recuiting for a Grant Strategist for De Rose Community Bridge and Holistic Wellness (DRB).
DRB is a community health services organization providing culturally-specific, wraparound services to Nigerians and other immigrant and refugee women and youth. They provide mental healthcare programs to women, mentors vulnerable immigrant youths and refugees in job placement, school assignments and provides career advising services. DRB operates a weekly food drive for the general public and works with sober and job-ready houseless people and employers to help stabilize lives and rebuild families. When COVID- 19 hit, the suffering of the African immigrant community in Portland became very apparent. This included an increase in cases of homelessness and mental health issues among African women and their families. Due to the new challenges, DRB created an outreach service to provide culturally specific mental health services to women of African descent.
Project Description: As a young nonprofit, DRB has operated primarily through personal funding and a small number of grants and donations. Plans are underway for three initiatives:
- Create a peer-run Welcome Center, offering homeless individuals with a place to shower, laundry services, and activities
- Operate a mobile kitchen that serves hot meals at specific locations across Portland
- Run a mobile van for DRB’s job connection program to help people get back on their feet again
- Work with Founder to create a grant strategy plan
- Review existing and strengthen DRB’s grant language/case statement
- Provide insights to better communicate our case statement to funders
- Outline how to identify potential funders and get connected
- Document process to apply, deadlines, challenges, reporting back, requirements and elements needed to submit complete applications
- Help DRB identify ways to generate funds and remain sustainable
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Fundraising and development
- Project management
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Business development
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Process improvement
Resources: DRB’s Founder is the Project Champion. Candidate must have their own technology.
View the full project description: https://www.socialpurpose.works/opportunity/a0C5G00000eswVJUAY
About Metropolitan Family Service
1808 SE Belmont, Portland, OR 97214, US
Metropolitan Family Service helps people move beyond the limitations of poverty, inequality and social isolation. We serve children, families and older adults in the tri-county area. MFS is dedicated to building stronger communities by providing services, connecting people with resources, and offering meaningful and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
Metropolitan Family Service (MFS) volunteers serve in various capacities, depending on their areas of interest and abilities. Volunteers participate in on-going opportunities in one of three focus areas: helping children succeed, strengthening families and their connections to the community, and helping older adults and persons with disabilities live independently. We create opportunities that bridge generations and inspire everyone to live their best life. Additionally, MFS is the sponsor of RSVP in Multnomah County, providing meaningful volunteer opportunities for adults age 55+. With your support we are building a community that cares.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 27, 2021
- Sales Process
- Business Development
- Grant Writing / Research
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Medium project, estimated at 80-100 hours to be completed by Oct 1. Flexible hours around your schedule.
- Successful nonprofit grant writing track record. Experience creating and implementing grant strategy plans. Strong and strategic messaging background. Knowledge of Portland/Oregon grant funders preferred. Ability to understand basic contracts.