Healthcare Professionals for Hamilton Co. Disaster and Home Fire Survivors
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Tennessee Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster season is HERE!
Provide assistance to meet disaster-caused emergency health needs such as loss of medications, medical equipment, treatment, and health recovery information to victims of hurricanes, tornadoes, and house fires.
What does a Disaster Health Services team do?
* Disaster Health Services teams address the unmet disaster-related
health needs of impacted individuals, families and communities
- Provides hands on care within RN-led model
- Provides health assessments and guidance to clients
- Provides assistance with replacement of medication, durable medical equipment, glasses, dentures and other medical supplies (items lost in disaster)
- Supports individuals with disabilities and functional and access needs
- Supplements the community healthcare delivery system if needed
You can support local families virtually from the comfort of your home or serve a 2 week deployment at large sale disaster operations.
About American Red Cross - Tennessee Region
2201 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Chattanooga, TN 37406
September 12, 2022
- Physician Assistant
- Children Medical Services
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Travel to a disaster in need of medical professionals for a minimum of 10 days (preferred 14 days) working 8- or 12-hour shifts.
- A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions: o RN o LPN o LVN o EMT o Paramedic o MD o DO o PA o NP o APRN