Mental Health Professionals Needed for Military Support
The Red Cross proudly supports the military community. We provide emergency communication services, veteran resource support, case management, resiliency workshops, and more for the unique needs of our military families and veterans.
Our Reconnection Workshops are facilitated by Mental Health Professional Volunteers. Adult Workshops include topics such as:
- Effective Communication
- Stress Solutions
- Trauma Talk
- Emotional Grit
- Connecting with Kids
- Defusing Anger
- Caregiver Module
- Roger That! Communication Counts
- Confident Coping
- Providing Reconnection Workshop modules to military, veterans and their families in various community-based settings.
- Experience facilitating workshops in person AND over Zoom
- Must have current, unencumbered mental health license
- Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
- Child modules & Adult module training tracks
- Availability depends on workshops as schedule with military service partner sites
- Average time commitment is 10 hours per month
- Length: preferably a 1 year commitment
- Currently workshops are done virtually through Zoom, but may go back in person.
About American Red Cross of San Diego/Imperial Counties
3950 Calle Fortunada, San Diego, CA 92123, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member, veteran, or support to a military family member. Our vital work is made possible by volunteers like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
3950 Calle FortunadaSan Diego, CA 92123
August 27, 2021
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training