2 people are interested
Human Resources Manager - Intern
2 people are interested
Who We Are
A grassroots movement of young people providing free online tutoring to under-resourced elementary school students. We were founded last year while we saw millions of students falling behind during the pandemic and knew we had to help.
Step Up Tutoring’s mission is to drive student success in under-resourced communities by providing free online tutoring and mentorship to 3rd - 6th grade students within the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD).
What Will I Be Doing?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven HR intern to assist with administrative and HR-related tasks. The HR intern’s responsibilities include intern recruitment, hiring, and program structuring, intern and employee engagement, onboarding and offboarding process, and coordinating a fun and engaging company event 1x a month. Ultimately, an outstanding HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Screening potential intern/employees' resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill organization job vacancies.
- Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Removing job advertisements from job boards and social media platforms once vacancies have been filled.
- Assisting in the planning of company events.
- Coordinating and helping to lead new hire orientations and onboarding
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR-related matters.
- Checking in with interns on a regular basis
- Leading other initiatives to improve company morale and internship quality
- Bachelor's degree or in progress
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Young and energetic
- Effective communication and social skills.
Apply Here: https://www.stepuptutoring.org/intern
About Step Up Tutoring
1424 4th St. STE 214 PMB 1696, Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
We offer free online tutoring and mentoring for students grades 3-6 to improve student success in under-resourced communities.
Step Up Tutoring is a California based non-profit organization seeking to close the education gap, while developing enduring bonds and cultivating academic success through fun online learning activities.
Through our partnership with LAUSD, and with the help of our dedicated volunteers, we offer free online tutoring and mentoring for students grades 3-6 to improve student success in under-resourced communities.
Multiple locations San Jose, CA 95113
September 22, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree (In progress or completed)