8 people are interested
Director of Habitat Regeneration
ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
8 people are interested
Director of Environmental Stewardship
The #1 goal of HUMANE ACTION Pittsburgh is to educate the Pittsburgh region on how to
prevent and relieve animal suffering by taking meaningful action. The HAP Director of Environmental Stewardship (DES) will focus on HAP initiatives that connect care for the environment with animal impact, specifically issues related to single-use plastic.
Purpose of the Position
- Lead strategy and guide implementation of HAP’s Environmental Stewardship campaigns, currently including No Plastic Please, Reimagine Takeout, Nurdles, and Pittsburgh Ploggers.
- Help HAP achieve our common goal of building the Model Humane City.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish priorities and goals for the HAP Environmental Stewardship team and campaigns
- Stay informed on issues and policies related to environmental stewardship, particularly single-use plastics, and be able to speak knowledgeably on these issues with HAP team members, policy-makers, and members of the public
- Work with the HAP Environmental Stewardship team and HAP leadership to strategize on supporting HAP campaign goals
- Have a reasonable level of familiarity with HAP’s other education programs including animal protective legislation and the benefits of a plant-strong lifestyle
- Foster relationships with other individuals and organizations (such as policy makers, city or county entities, other non-profits, businesses, etc) to build collaborative, productive actions
- Grow and lead the HAP Environmental Stewardship team of volunteers and campaign leaders
- Attend HAP leadership meetings and act as communication link with other HAP leadership members and HAP campaigns
Training on HAP’s core values, mission, and policies, including orientation on all HAP campaign missions and status.
Skills, Qualifications, and Expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional and non-partisan manner
- Ability to work independently, communicate clearly, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Trello and Dropbox, or a willingness to learn
- Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
- Be prepared and on-time for meetings and events
- Share and support HAP’s mission and core values; adhere to HAP’s policies
Time Commitment Required
Approximately 4 hours a week.
- Primarily remote work
- Meetings with HAP and NPP leadership will be in person at a mutually convenient location or virtual via online conference call
Professional dress required for some meetings.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Strong support from HAP leadership in an environment where your passions, skills, and contributions will be respected and appreciated
- High flexibility to set vision for HAP Environmental Stewardship campaigns
- Leverage HAP’s strong regional reputation and network to make a meaningful impact on animal and environmental protection issues
- Meet new people and network with community members and volunteers
- Build your resume
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
- Support of HAP leadership and members
- Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 30, 2022
- 4 - 5 hours per week