American Red Cross - Community Volunteer Leader - Tift County
A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the local chapter Executive Director (ED), with the primary goal of building capacity to grow the volunteer base to deliver the local Red Cross mission.
The CVL helps to recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive, represents the demographics of the community, and also fills the specific need identified by the chapter.
This is accomplished through:
- Serving as an advocate, representing the Red Cross volunteer needs within your specific community.
- Sharing volunteer needs within social networks and other circles of influence.
- Meeting with community groups and schools to share about volunteer opportunities.
- Helping build, regain, and enhance presence in the local community.
- Providing Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participating in local community events as an extension of Executive Director.
- Assisting with cultivating, managing and stewarding external partner relationships.
- Supporting routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners).
Red Cross specific training provided.
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
VariesTifton, GA 31793
August 27, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Five or more hours a week; Minimum two years; renewable at three years