Learning 4 Life Farm, a newly established nonprofit, is looking for communications interns to join our team and grow our organization. We are creating a job training farm for teens and young adults on the autism spectrum, located in Johnstown, Ohio, outside Newark, and we are in search of interns to assist with all aspects of our organization, including fundraising, communications, event management, donor outreach, grant writing, and working directly with our students on the autism spectrum in our organic gardens. Intern tasks will be assigned according to the intern's interests and skills.
The benefits to the intern include working with a great team of staff and volunteers, learning the ins and outs of nonprofit management, spending time in our gardens, and developing relationships with our students on the autism spectrum. This internship is unpaid; a written recommendation will be given on completion of the internship. Hours are flexible and may be worked on-site or remotely; internship duration is also flexible; a set weekly schedule is required.
- Assist with website updates and design,
- Assist with e-newsletter and social media
- Assist with creating marketing materials and press releases for fundraising events
- Assist with grant research and writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience with social media
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel, Google docs experience a plus
- Experience with gardening/working with people with special needs is a plus
About LEARNING 4 LIFE FARM
3060 Johnstown Utica Rd, Johnstown, OH 43031, US
Our mission is to provide quality training for young adults on the Autism Spectrum and provide meaningful employment in the community upon completion of training.
We are creating a 7-acre nonprofit farm in Johnstown, Ohio with gardens and therapy alpacas to provide transition job training for young adults on the autism spectrum in partnership with our parent organization, The Learning Spectrum.
3060 Johnstown Utica RoadJohnstown, OH 43031
August 27, 2021
- Website Programming
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training