DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Who We Are
The CARDBoard Project (CBP) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose main objective is to bridge the Digital Gap within underserved communities. Technology is an essential means to daily life; for many this resource is significantly limited. These limitations actively hinder access to education, healthcare, and employment, and to the overall economic growth within communities impacted by digital inequity.
What We Do
CARDBoard Project addresses this pertinent issue on many levels; From working with individuals 1:1 to community-based initiatives, we use technology to facilitate digital access and education.
We employ technology and relationships with other organizations such as municipalities/nonprofits to serve clients who live in digital deserts. We promote self-sufficiency through technology solutions and digital connections. We leverage mobility to provide ongoing support and information to partners and clients in communities that serve primarily low-income, minority populations.
To mitigate the impact of the recent pandemic, global dependence to technology has increased substantially while general accessibility has declined; thus, emphasizing the prevalent issue of digital division/inequity. In response, to better serve our guests, we adapted our delivery systems and expanded our programs to the following:
- Virtual Call Center - A outreach/casework initiative established to work with individuals who reside in digital deserts to engage, assess, and connect them to empowering resources and opportunities. Guest engagement is implemented by through video conference platforms (i.e., Zoom, Teams, etc.) along with our 10 Step Road Map method accompanied by a CRM system. Our 10 Step Road Map method establishes a comprehensive network of support that caters to our guests’ individual needs, while establishing them digital identities, and virtual voicemail/phone numbers where needed.
- Community Access Program- Established partnerships with local civic network and municipality to expand and/or establish computer access to connect with the CBP Virtual Call Center.
- Device Loan Program - Laptops and hotspot devices are loaned to recipients referred by Device Loan Program partners to provide device and/or broadband access for guests whom technology is not readily accessible.
- Digital Skills Program - a digital skill training program established to provide individuals with the essential skills to leverage technology for professional and personal advancement. The program is a collaborative effort to ensure participants are supported throughout the course and after.
Who We’re Seeking
We are seeking a Volunteer Videographer, who can oversee video recording for important social media announcements/interviews, instructional videos, and if possible, record onsite events. Preferably someone who is experienced and knowledgeable of industry standard practices (for videography). Typical responsibilities include writing video scripts, creating storyboards, providing feedback/direction during recording sessions, video editing (lead or in conjunction with Video Editor).
There would be a 1-hour weekly check-in meeting with the Digital Communications Director and Executive Director. Outside of the previously mentioned commitment, we like to work with our volunteers’ current schedule as much as possible.
- Record virtual meetings/interview, events, announcement/informative videos, instructional videos, and if possible, events onsite.
- Creating storyboards & video scripts.
- Perform or direct standard video editing tasks in collaboration with the assigned Video Editor.
- Provide feedback/direction during recording sessions.
- Provide links to previously completed video projects (e.g. to YouTube, Facebook, etc.).
- Own Adobe Premiere software or compatible software alternative (i.e., Sony Creative).
- Goal driven, ability to self-motivate, and work independently.
- Ideally someone with strong / creative story-telling ability.
About CARDBOARD PROJECT
2711 S. Ervay St., Dallas, TX 75215, US
We connect the digitally disconnected to opportunities, services, and access to self-sufficiency.
The CARDBoard Project is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose main objective is to bridge the digital gap within the under-served communities within the DFW area.
Technology is an essential to all means of living, for many this essential is grossly limited. These limitations actively hinder education, healthcare, and overall economic growth. Here we address this pertinent issue on many levels.
Between providing physical access to essential technology, active projects working to eradicate "desert" Wi-Fi zones, working with individuals one on one to connect guests to empowering opportunities and resources, we consistently progress our cause.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 26, 2021
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Video Production
- Basic Computer Skills