DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Volunteer Video Editor
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Who We Are
The CARDBoard Project (CBP) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose main objective is to bridge the Digital Gap within underserved communities. Technology is an essential means to daily life; for many this resource is significantly limited. These limitations actively hinder access to education, healthcare, and employment, and to the overall economic growth within communities impacted by digital inequity.
What We Do
CARDBoard Project addresses this pertinent issue on many levels; From working with individuals 1:1 to community-based initiatives, we use technology to facilitate digital access and education.
We employ technology and relationships with other organizations such as municipalities/nonprofits to serve clients who live in digital deserts. We promote self-sufficiency through technology solutions and digital connections. We leverage mobility to provide ongoing support and information to partners and clients in communities that serve primarily low-income, minority populations.
To mitigate the impact of the recent pandemic, global dependence to technology has increased substantially while general accessibility has declined; thus, emphasizing the prevalent issue of digital division/inequity. In response, t o better serve our guests, we adapted our delivery systems and expanded our programs to the following:
- Virtual Call Center - A outreach/casework initiative established to work with individuals who reside in digital deserts to engage, assess, and connect them to empowering resources and opportunities. Guest engagement is implemented by through video conference platforms (i.e., Zoom, Teams, etc.) along with our 10 Step Road Map method accompanied by a CRM system. Our 10 Step Road Map method establishes a comprehensive network of support that caters to our guests’ individual needs, while establishing them digital identities, and virtual voicemail/phone numbers where needed.
- Community Access Program- Established partnerships with local civic network and municipality to expand and/or establish computer access to connect with the CBP Virtual Call Center.
- Device Loan Program - Laptops and hotspot devices are loaned to recipients referred by Device Loan Program partners to provide device and/or broadband access for guests whom technology is not readily accessible.
- Digital Skills Program - a digital skill training program established to provide individuals with the essential skills to leverage technology for professional and personal advancement. The program is a collaborative effort to ensure participants are supported throughout the course and after.
Who We’re Seeking
Our team is seeking a Volunteer Video Editor to edit, enhance and compile existing recorded footage and / or photographs into short videos for: social media platforms, email campaigns, tutorials, and fundraising. Basic audio editing is required for this volunteer opportunity. Ideally, we are seeking someone with moderate experience and capable of capturing our organization’s mission, culture and branding. Typically, videos are between 3-5 minutes long.
We are looking for someone who can commit to video editing approximately 3 to 4+ hours (depending on their availability) a week remote (e.g. from home) work, including a weekly team meeting.
- Edit, compile, and enhance existing footage and / or photographs into 3-5 minute videos.
- Insert music, text, graphics overlays, and video captions.
- Video size and format conversion for different social media platforms.
- Knowledgeable of sound / audio enhancement and synchronization.
- Weekly check-in meetings with Digital Communications Director & Executive Director.
- Provide links for previously completed videos/projects (e.g. to YouTube, Facebook, etc.).
- Own Adobe Premiere software or compatible software alternative (i.e., Sony Creative)
- Have an eye for composition, detail and quality, for editing and for curating images (e.g. for thumbnail design).
- Informed over media copyright laws and other relevant legislation/standards.
- Generally, we are okay with someone who wants to learn video editing , if they have strong photo / image editor skills (with examples of good detail and quality work), it is a relatively small step towards video editing.
- Able to handle noise reduction, and other enhancements - either within the video editing software, or complimentary software (e.g. Adobe Audition with Adobe Premiere).
About CARDBOARD PROJECT
2711 S. Ervay St., Dallas, TX 75215, US
We connect the digitally disconnected to opportunities, services, and access to self-sufficiency.
The CARDBoard Project is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose main objective is to bridge the digital gap within the under-served communities within the DFW area.
Technology is an essential to all means of living, for many this essential is grossly limited. These limitations actively hinder education, healthcare, and overall economic growth. Here we address this pertinent issue on many levels.
Between providing physical access to essential technology, active projects working to eradicate "desert" Wi-Fi zones, working with individuals one on one to connect guests to empowering opportunities and resources, we consistently progress our cause.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 26, 2021
- We are looking for someone who can commit to video editing approximately 3 to 4+ hours (depending on their availability) a week remote (e.g. from home) work, including a weekly team meeting.