Events Committee Co-Chair
The Chair/Co-Chair will be in charge of organizing the Committee meetings, keeping records of the committee work and monthly reporting on committee progress, work completed and results as well as any issues/concerns to the Executive Team and Board.
In addition, the Committee Chair/Co-Chair will help identify future NEACOL leaders on their committees and help educate committee members on leadership opportunities.
The Events Committee is responsible for organizing events to fulfill NEACOL goals, supporting fundraising, membership, and project sponsorship efforts.
- Develop the event action plan/calendar for the year to support fundraising, membership and project sponsorship efforts and taking into account membership survey results
- Submit a budget request by a specified date
- Develop master events project plan to facilitate event execution and event communications
- Evaluate and recommend changes in master events project plan
- Provide a bimonthly report of committee activities/results (distributed to Executive Committee, Board of Directors and other committee chairs)
- Customize a Project Plan (timeline and check list) for each event (including duties, responsible volunteer, due dates and status), enlisting help from all other committees as needed
- Develop and manage (in coordination with the Marketing/Communications Committee) the distribution of event marketing materials such as "Save-the-Dates," Event Invites, Event Sponsor presentations, E-mail blasts, auction material descriptions, etc.
- Maintain a database of event auction items and donors (past, present and future) and make a plan to solicit and add auction items list (with assistance from fundraising committee)
- Develop and send Thank You communications and post-event surveys, after each event (with assistance from the Marketing/Communications Committee)
Execution of Events Action Plan according to schedule and budget, including:
- Manage and monitor the event budget (evaluate at least 3 different vendors of services for cost effectiveness). Keep the Treasurer and President informed of any changes needed in the budget
- Manage and coordinate event ticket sales (in conjunction with Treasurer)
- Manage and monitor event project plan (task list and schedule)
- Coordinate event volunteers before and on date of the event
- Coordinate that Thank You letters get sent to event Sponsors and Contributors (with assistance of Marketing/Communications Committee and Fundraising Committee)
- Prepare Profit and Loss statement maximum two weeks after the event and present to Treasurer
- Conduct evaluation of event, summarize lessons learned and modify master project plan as appropriate
About NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION FOR COLOMBIAN CHILDREN INC
185 DEVONSHIRE ST, BOSTON, MA 02110, US
NEACOL'S mission is to generate resources to support social programs and unite efforts that will contribute to improving life conditions of Colombian children in need.
In 2013, a group of Colombians in Boston along with the consul of Colombia Monica Pinzon started a conversation on how to bring help to Colombian children affected by poverty. With the support of many Colombians and friends of Colombia the organization received the official 501 (c)(3) status in December 2014. Since the organization was born NEACOL has benefited over 14,600 children in 12 states of Colombia and Massachusetts. We have supported 12 nutrition programs, 10 education programs, and four health projects. NEACOL has great volunteer opportunities such as recruiting new members, organizing fundraising campaigns, evaluating projects, organizing events and managing teams.
Multiple locations Boston, MA 02108
August 26, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Data Entry
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- 8-12 hours per month for Committee Chairs/ Co-Chair
- Please note that membership to NEACOL is necessary in order to belong to a committee as a volunteer. Our annual memberships include a $20 student membership, $35 individual membership and $50 family membership.