Hospice Volunteers - Bangor, ME (multiple locations available)
ORGANIZATION: Kindred Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
Are you interested in making in-person visits? Do you want to help those in your community who have life-limiting illnesses?
Volunteer opportunities are available at Kindred Hospice to provide friendly visits to patients at home and local healthcare facilities in the greater Bangor area.
Volunteers are needed who can:
- Play music
- Read to patients
- Help patients video chat/connect with loved ones who are unable to visit them due to travel, health, etc.
- Are veterans interested in supporting veterans on hospice
- Are willing to listen and talk, play cards, or watch a favorite TV show
*Volunteers do not perform any clinical activities with a patient such as feeding, toileting, bathing or transferring.
*Volunteers schedule their own visits - day/time.
*Volunteers receive training that fits into any busy schedule.
For more information please contact the Manager of Volunteer Services at 207-573-7012 or at Peter.Hyatt@kindredhospicecare.com
About Kindred Hospice
824 Stillwater Ave, Suite B, Bangor, ME 04401, US
At the center of hospice is the belief that each of us has the right to die pain free, with dignity, and that our families will receive the necessary support to allow us to do so. Hospice care can take place in a variety of settings. Our compassionate care provides the physical, emotional and spiritual resources needed to make the most of every moment, with the extraordinary service you expect. We understand your needs and goals, and support both in each step of your journey.
The benefit of hospice care is greatest when services are provided early enough within your loved one’s eligibility to:
* Maintain independence and take control of the illness or disease
* Complete important tasks
* Organize personal affairs
* Complete spiritual services
* Say goodbye to loved ones
Multiple locations Bangor, ME 04401
September 21, 2022
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We will work with you to create a flexible schedule that works for you!