DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Fundraising Committee Chair
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The Chair/Co-Chair will be in charge of organizing the Committee meetings, keeping records of the committee work and monthly reporting on committee progress, work completed and results as well as any issues/concerns to the Executive Team and Board.
In addition, the Committee Chair will help identify future NEACOL leaders on their committees and help educate committee members on leadership opportunities.
Description of Fundraising Committee:
The fundraising committee creates a plan that will guide the organization in seeking out and securing funding from an array of outside sources. The committee must identify and communicate with potential donors and sponsors to support the work of the organization.
- Develop and implement action plan to achieve fundraising and new donor goals
- Submit a budget request by a specified date
- Evaluate and recommend changes in donor categories
- Identify individuals, companies, government agencies and foundations to target as donors and event sponsors and create database
- Develop ways to enhance and distinguish donor benefits
- Develop communications strategy for donors and fund drives
- Provide a bimonthly report of committee activities/results (distributed to Executive Committee, Board of Directors and other committee chairs)
- Maintain donor list up-to-date
- Create and maintain send donor packets, presentations and donation request letters (in collaboration with Marketing/Communications committee)
- Respond to inquiries regarding donor/fundraising issues and NEACOL
- Foster and retain strong, lasting relationships with our corporate sponsors, and serve as the primary point of contact year around
- Work with the president to set up and attend live meetings/presentations with sponsors
- Send Thank You letters as donations come in and at the end of an Event to all cash and in-kind donors (with assistance from Marketing/Communications and Events Committee)
- Send donor packets and implement fundraising and auction donor campaigns (in collaboration with Marketing/Communications committee)
- Execute donor specific events/activities (in collaboration with Events Committee)
- Coordinate delivery of contractual benefits for donors and sponsors
About NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION FOR COLOMBIAN CHILDREN INC
185 DEVONSHIRE ST, BOSTON, MA 02110, US
NEACOL'S mission is to generate resources to support social programs and unite efforts that will contribute to improving life conditions of Colombian children in need.
In 2013, a group of Colombians in Boston along with the consul of Colombia Monica Pinzon started a conversation on how to bring help to Colombian children affected by poverty. With the support of many Colombians and friends of Colombia the organization received the official 501 (c)(3) status in December 2014. Since the organization was born NEACOL has benefited over 14,600 children in 12 states of Colombia and Massachusetts. We have supported 12 nutrition programs, 10 education programs, and four health projects. NEACOL has great volunteer opportunities such as recruiting new members, organizing fundraising campaigns, evaluating projects, organizing events and managing teams.
Multiple locations Boston, MA 02108
August 26, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- 8-12 hours per month for Committee Chairs Approximately 1 hour of work per week for individual responsibilities (1.5 - 2 hr. for chairs) Additional hours may be required in certain months to support events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Please note that membership to NEACOL is necessary in order to belong to a committee as a volunteer. Our annual memberships include a $20 student membership, $35 individual membership and $50 family membership.