7 people are interested
Homeless Outreach Team (HOT)
ORGANIZATION: Poverello Center, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
The HOT program works to identify barriers to housing/services for Missoula's chronically homeless individuals, which simultaneously supporting and educating downtown businesses and community members. Volunteers go out with staff members on the streets to do direct outreach and build relationships with people living outside. This involves interacting with clients and community members in a respectful way and providing them with needed resources, information and supplies.
Homeless Outreach Team goes out weekdays during daylight hours. Hours and times are flexible to fit within a volunteer's schedule.
About Poverello Center, Inc.
1110 W BROADWAY ST, MISSOULA, MT 59802, US
MISSION STATEMENT The Poverello Center provides food, shelter, help and hope to all who ask. VISION STATEMENT The Poverello Center believes all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their housing status. We envision a collaborative and supportive community in which everyone has a safe place to call home.
For over 40 years, the Poverello Center has provided a necessary safety net for our community members living in hunger and homelessness. An award winning non-profit organization, the Poverello Center provides education, advocacy, and a multitude of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of people struggling with poverty in Missoula.
The Poverello Center’s emergency facility provides short-term emergency shelter, food, and supportive services to community members living in poverty. The facility provides a drug-free, caring, and tolerant environment in which to make positive change.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Short-term, housing focused, emergency shelter
- Veterans housing and services
- Daily hot meals, sack lunches and food pantry services
- Toiletries, bathrooms, and shower facilities
- Emergency laundry services
- Mail, phone, and messaging services
- Computer lab
- Medical services through the Healthcare for the Homeless Clinic
- Alcoholics Anonymous and other support groups
- Community resource and referral
- Homeless outreach services
- Community outreach and educational programs
1110 W BROADWAY STMISSOULAMISSOULA, MT 59802
September 15, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Outdoor Recreation
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible time and schedule requirements can be made to fit within the volunteer's availability