Support Seniors with In-Home Repairs #911
Not all seniors in our community have the resources to make important safety updates to their homes, such as a grab bar in the shower, or grip strips on the stairs. These simple improvements can make a huge difference to their quality of life! But it can be hard to find a repair company that will install these things at an affordable price.
That's where you come in.
Who are you?
- A handy person with a big heart and helpful hands*
- Non-judgmental and compassionate
- You care about seniors and want to support those who need help most
- A resident of Buncombe County, NC, or nearby town
- The Council on Aging of Buncombe County was formed in 1964 to address the needs of seniors in our community
- We provide essential support to people over 60 who need assistance with food, heat or a/c, and health care
- Our volunteers make this work possible-- consider joining us today!
If you want to help make a difference in the lives of real people right here in western North Carolina, we would love to welcome you onboard as a volunteer.
The safety of our clients is our highest priority. Here's what's required for this role:
- Clear criminal background check and driving record
- Minimum $100,000/300,000 in auto liability coverage
- Orientation and training with the Council on Aging
- A basic set of tools that you can use on the job
*Professional contractors may provide the service as an in-kind professional service at industry rate by the hour
About Council on Aging of Buncombe County
46 Sheffield Circle, Asheville, NC 28803, US
The Council on Aging of Buncombe County promotes the independence, dignity and well-being of adults through service, education, and advocacy.
The Council on Aging (COA) is a nonprofit organization that provides services to individuals age 60 and older. COA provides personal, caring support and assistance with the challenges of growing older. We provide referrals and help in learning the Medicare system, staying healthy and independent at home, and support for caregivers.
Multiple locations Asheville, NC 28803
August 25, 2021
- Home Repair
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Requests for services are submitted on an as-needed basis. The timeframe for each assignment varies depending on the scope of the project.
- Masks must be worn while inside client homes. We will provide volunteers with gloves, hand sanitizer, and masks if needed.