College Program Volunteer
The College Program Volunteer is responsible for engaging all college students, HS alumni who are either working, not in college, taking a break, or are in the military. The volunteer will assist the program director with organizing and coordinating events, outings, and workshops for young adults no longer in high school. The volunteer will be responsible for updating, organizing, and managing data of post-HS young adults. Other duties involve administrative tasks, phone calls, and guiding and encouraging students to achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Create and update files of students no longer in high school
- Track students and update their information in the Kid City college student database
- Create and update files in folders and Google team drive.
- Look up internships and scholarships available for college students
- Promote workshops, events, retreats, and remind students of office hours
- Plan, prepare, deliver, and log individual student, lesson and/or workshop plans that encourage active learning and support college students
- Create a list of learning materials and resources for college students
- Reach out to college students via email blast, phone calls, and social media
- Conduct interviews with Kid City alumni and capture their stories in videos/blogs
- Create a brochure of Kid City resources and programs offered to alumni
- Attend weekly intern staff meetings
- Possess an empathetic understanding of low-income, first-generation students
- Is confident, driven, and can work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Capable of following instructions, accepting and applying feedback with a positive attitude
- Knowledge of office applications (e.g. Google docs, Word, and Excel)
- Excellent research, writing, and customer service skills
- Have an interest in higher education and/or counseling
About Urban Foundation and Kid City
714 W OLYMPIC BLVD STE 922, LOS ANGELES, CA 90015, US
The Urban Foundation has volunteer opportunities in several programs, including Kid City Hope Place, Kid City JW, Skid Row Ministry, and in our administrative office. Kid City provides youth leadership, academic enrichment, and college access programs to low-income youth in downtown LA. Please read further to see what most interests you!
Kid City is a youth leadership and college access program operating after-school and during school breaks. Open to all at no charge, most participants are first generation college or college-bound students from very low income families living in and around downtown Los Angeles, where we are located. Activities include mentoring for high school seniors, after-school tutoring in all subjects for middle and high school students, college completion support for college students, SAT study groups, field trips, music lessons and band for middle and high school students, and a variety of leadership activities, including job training.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- Google Apps
- Strategic Planning
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication