4 people are interested
High School Program Volunteer
4 people are interested
The High School Program Volunteer is responsible for monitoring all high school students. The volunteer is responsible for updating, organizing, and managing data of post-HS students. The intern will assist the program director in planning and organizing events, outings, and workshops for college students. Other duties include a series of administrative tasks, making phone calls, guiding, and encouraging students’ personal and professional success.
- Create, input, and update files and folders in Google team drive
- Track and update high school student information in Kid City database
- Research internships and scholarships available for college students
- Promote activities, events, retreats, and workshops sponsored by Kid City
- Generate, organize, and deliver individual student lesson and workshop plans to encourage active learning and support students
- Assist and support Mentorship program in promoting students’ personal and professional success
- Develop a list of resources and learning materials for college students
- Communicate with students via email, phone calls, and social media
- Attend weekly intern staff meetings
- Possess an empathetic understanding of low-income, first-generation students
- Is organized, driven, and can work autonomously
- Ability to communicate both written and orally in an organized and logical manner
- Capable of following instructions, accepting, and applying feedback with a positive attitude
- Basic knowledge of office applications- Google Docs, Word Doc, and Excel
- Possess an interest in higher education and/or counseling
About Urban Foundation and Kid City
714 W OLYMPIC BLVD STE 922, LOS ANGELES, CA 90015, US
The Urban Foundation has volunteer opportunities in several programs, including Kid City Hope Place, Kid City JW, Skid Row Ministry, and in our administrative office. Kid City provides youth leadership, academic enrichment, and college access programs to low-income youth in downtown LA. Please read further to see what most interests you!
Kid City is a youth leadership and college access program operating after-school and during school breaks. Open to all at no charge, most participants are first generation college or college-bound students from very low income families living in and around downtown Los Angeles, where we are located. Activities include mentoring for high school seniors, after-school tutoring in all subjects for middle and high school students, college completion support for college students, SAT study groups, field trips, music lessons and band for middle and high school students, and a variety of leadership activities, including job training.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 25, 2021
- Google Apps
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Internet Research