1 person is interested
ReStore Donation Pick-Up Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Habitat for Humanity Portland Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
This volunteer position is responsible for assisting the ReStore Donation Pick-Up Drivers in the day-to-day operations of our ReStores and truck routes. Volunteers will spend most of the time on our trucks with our drivers and assisting with donation pick-ups in the community by loading and unloading the vehicles before dropping them off at the ReStores at the end of the shift. Please note: We do not enter residences. All items are already outdoors and ready to be loaded onto the truck.REQUIREMENTS:
- Must commit to at least one weekly shift, the same day each week for a minimum of 6 months (Ex: You volunteer every Wednesday starting at the same store from 8am-4pm)
- Willing to work in a setting that is constantly physically demanding.
- Must pass a background check, complete an online orientation, and attend a New Volunteer Training shift.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (booster not yet required).
AVAILABLE SHIFTS Shift times vary but are typically all day (6-8 hours). The listed ReStore is the starting and ending point of the truck for the shift. AVAILABLE LOCATIONS
Portland, Gresham, & Beaverton
Email TC at email@example.com to start volunteering!
11:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Start/end each shift at corresponding ReStore
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Habitat for Humanity Portland Region
1478 NE Killingsworth St, Portland, OR 97211, US
No matter who we are or where we come from we all deserve to have a decent life. We deserve to know we have the power to take care of ourselves and build our own futures. At Habitat for Humanity Portland Region, this is what unites us. Through shelter, we empower. Our shared vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Our mission of working with the community to build simple, decent, affordable homes has helped over 350 local families the strength, stability, and independence they need to build a better future.
Habitat for Humanity Portland Region serves Multnomah County, east Washington County, and northern Clackamas County and has the ability to reach out to families one step away from homelessness. Habitat sells homes to hardworking people in need of decent, affordable housing. We are an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a non-denominational Christian housing ministry and global home-building movement. We welcome people from all walks of life to partner with our program to serve families in need with generosity, humility, and love.
Multiple locations Portland, OR 97211
August 15, 2023
- Sales Process
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding work environment