WE NEED YOU! Service of the Armed Forces : Presenter -Fort Irwin IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW!!
Service of the armed forces : Presenter -Fort Irwin
Inform and educate Red Cross partners, military members and their families by conducting briefings at a variety of community venues.
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Deliver information about Red Cross programs and services
- Answer questions in public forums (deployment briefings; Family Readiness meetings; Welcome briefings) and in "face-to-face" format such as community and deployment fairs, with audience size varying from small to very large numbers.
- Provide appropriate referrals
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Willing and able to support the Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission and have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in a public setting; enjoys public speaking
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse audiences
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Power Point preferred
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to schedule changes
- Knowledge of Red Cross policy
- Knowledge of military and community resources
Training: We provide all the training!
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- SAF Military 101
- SAF Overview
- Introduction to SAF Casework (recommended)
- Public speaking - such as Toast Masters (optional)
- On the job training
Flexible. Hours will vary weekly. 2-4 hours per month.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
August 24, 2021
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. Hours will vary weekly. 2-4 hours per month.