We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter has 2 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
WE NEED YOU! Service of the Armed Forces : Presenter -Fort Irwin IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW!( Hybrid)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Service of the Armed Forces : Presenter -Fort Irwin
Inform and educate Red Cross partners, military members, and their families by conducting briefings at a variety of community venues.
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Deliver information about Red Cross programs and services
- Answer questions in public forums (deployment briefings; Family Readiness meetings; Welcome briefings) and in "face-to-face" format such as community and deployment fairs, with audience size varying from small to very large numbers.
- Provide appropriate referrals
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities
- Willing and able to support the Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) mission and have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in a public setting; enjoys public speaking
- Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse audiences
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Power Point preferred
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to schedule changes
- Knowledge of Red Cross policy
- Knowledge of military and community resources
Training: We provide all the training!
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- SAF Military 101
- SAF Overview
- Introduction to SAF Casework (recommended)
- Public speaking - such as Toast Masters (optional)
- On the job training
Flexible. Hours will vary weekly. 2-4 hours per month.
We Provied all trainings!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT!"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St. Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
July 27, 2022
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. Hours will vary weekly. 2-4 hours per month.
- • Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation. Note that fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final dose of vaccine.