10 people are interested
Classroom Volunteer (Adults w/ Disabilities)
ORGANIZATION: Opportunity Partners
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
- Join us and help create learning opportunities for adults with disabilities through OP's Classroom Connections Program.
Enrichment Classes: Join our staff and support coaches to lend a hand during our Enrichment Classes at Koch. Help set up and break down the classroom, assist students during the class, and work with the support coaches to provide more opportunities for our persons served. Monday-Friday from 8:30-11am, 11:00-1:30pm, or both shifts.
- Enrichment classes cover a broad range of topics and activities, from more traditional lessons to art projects, music, board games, and independent work.
- Don't worry if you don't have any teaching experience - as long as you're enthusiastic, willing to learn, and looking to build connections with our persons served, there's a place for you!
- You can also plan to teach or host a class/section on a topic of your choice! We're always looking to expand our Enrichment Program offerings, and having folks share their hobbies, passions, and skills is a great way to engage with the people we serve!
- We typically require a 3 month minimum term of service so that we're able to provide a consistent learning environment for our persons served.
- morning / 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
11:30 AM to 01:00 PM
o Enrichment Classes- Join our staff and teachers to lend a hand during our Enrichment Classes at Koch. Help set up and break down the classroom, help
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Opportunity Partners
5500 Opportunity Court, Minnetonka, MN 55343, US
Together we advance the quality of life for people with disabilities.
Opportunity Partners supports 1,500 people with disabilities to live, learn and work more independently in the community. We have both day and residential programming throughout the Twin Cities to meet the needs of the people we serve.
At Opportunity Partners, volunteers are integral members of our community. The dedicated, hardworking, and compassionate individuals who share their time and talent with us truly embody our organizational values of impact, choice, heart, and partnership.
We understand that committing your time and energy to an organization is a gift and we are so grateful that you have chosen to spend your valuable time with us.
Because volunteers mean so much to us, our priority is to provide an experience that is rewarding for you as well as beneficial to the individuals we serve. We also want to ensure that you are as prepared as possible to succeed in your volunteer placement.
5500 Opportunity CourtMinnetonka, MN 55343
September 25, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Special Needs
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are available weekdays, M-F 9-11am and 11:30-1pm
- You can either choose to help lead a class or activity or you can simply participate as an extra point of support for staff.