Volunteer Development Associate Director : Grants (Remote)
Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of nonprofit development in a challenging and rewarding environment? Are you excited about the opportunity to work with smart and talented individuals across the world? Does working remotely on your own schedule excite you? Check out www.savethewater.org ! At Save the Water(tm), our mission is to conduct scientific water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water and to raise public awareness.
If you are able to volunteer 10 hours per week, we would like to talk to you! Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Water(tm) is seeking a Development Associate Director: Grants to manage the Grants Campaigns with a team of enthusiastic volunteers. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in nonprofits and/or fundraising development by seeing how it all works in a creative, dynamic environment. This is an unpaid & remote volunteer opportunity and associate directors must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 48 hours.
What you will be responsible for.....
- Research, identify and apply for local, state, federal and private foundation funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Review grant proposals and applications for completeness, accuracy and timeliness; manage grant applications by working with various departments in the application and monitoring process to ensure successful grant awards and grant compliance.
- Provide utmost support and assistance to the Development (Fundraising) Director and be a part of the Grants Program.
- Design, prepare and implement grant applications. Research and compile information on grant prospects.
- Develop a grants administration work plan which includes goals, objectives and measurable workload indicators for the grants function.
- Oversee the management of the Grants Division, supporting the director as necessary and ensuring the production of effective, high-quality proposals and reports.
- Manage and Lead a team of 5-10 volunteers, holding them accountable for their work.
- Should be able to attend virtual team meetings as scheduled in the EST timezone.
Apply Now if you have....
- Bachelor degree (or currently enrolled in a degree program) or comparable work experience (at least 5 years or more full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience).
- The Associate Director - Grants must have excellent writing skills and have a successful track record of securing grant funds in the non-profit sector. Strong writing is key to the success of this position and must be strategic, analytical, and data-informed.
- Experience securing major private and/or governmental grants; experience with foundation relations (especially in the Science and Technology Communities/Foundations, and/or tech nonprofit space); experience leading fundraising campaigns and/or soliciting donations from individuals, corporate, etc.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with fundraising databases and best practices.
- Minimum 5+ years of fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Candidates resident in North America and Canada preferred
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 24, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- If you are able to volunteer 10 hours per week, we would like to talk to you! Please reach out to us at email@example.com